Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Working moms, do you ever wish you were a SAHM?

I used to be a SAHM, but 2 years ago I went back to work after the kids became old enough not to need me at home. I just had a 6 week lay off (it happens every year, so it's not a big deal) and I enjoyed being home SO much. My house was so clean, I was back to making gourmet meals, and I had energy to play games with my kids. When I work I only clean my house 2 days a week and only cook 2 days a week (my days off) and I am so exhausted I just want to come home and put my feet up. I feel like I am missing out on so much. DH makes more than enough to support us without my income, but he wants me to work so we can have extra money for vacations and other luxuries. But he did say if I get pregnant I can go back to staying at home, he hates the thought of his kid ever having to be in daycare. We ARE trying, so who knows...

Anywho, do you ever wish you could stay at home, or are you happy working?

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Every day.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:34 PM

What kind of "college" did ou go to?  You do know that sentences can end in a period, too, don't you?

Quoting MommyBear28:

I'm a sahm with a college doctorate degree, so I can go back anytime if I want! But I think I am gonna wait till all the kids are in school full time before I go back to work! It's actually not necessary for me to go back at all since my hubby makes over 4x the salary I had when I was working! But I think I should keep busy once all the kiddies are in school! 

bluedolly01
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Every single day which is why I am starting my own home business (no not party plan) so that I can.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SusieQue717
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:39 PM

I am a very happy working mom. I make breakfast and lunch for them every day, and I clean every night (Kiddies help) We do homework, go outside to play, and relax for a bit each night. I was going crazy when I was home. I just wanted to work! I've always worked though.

MommyBear28
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:46 AM

Okay!!!!!! It's NOT a formal essay that I'm writing; it's a comment on a blog! I don't have to use proper grammar online! Thank you!!!!! Oh and you don't like my exclamation marks? Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

What kind of "college" did ou go to?  You do know that sentences can end in a period, too, don't you?

Quoting MommyBear28:

I'm a sahm with a college doctorate degree, so I can go back anytime if I want! But I think I am gonna wait till all the kids are in school full time before I go back to work! It's actually not necessary for me to go back at all since my hubby makes over 4x the salary I had when I was working! But I think I should keep busy once all the kiddies are in school! 

ashleyrenee24
by 2ne1 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:51 AM
No. Its not something I would enjoy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:52 AM

I wished some days that I could be that stay at home Mom but it empowers me to know that I don't have to rely on anyone or anything to support me.

I have the best of both words I think though I work for a school and we get summers off and lots of little mini breaks like right now we are off for parent teacher conferences.

It is hard going back to work though after summer break having 3 months off  and doing what I want.

I feel exactly like you do though. I am tired when I come home yet there is supper, clothes, dishes, homework etc to do I wait until the weekends to do most of the heavier cleaning although I will clean bathrooms and things like that during the week.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:54 AM

My SO wish I could stay home with our newborn but I have to keep busting my ass because his ex demanded an increase in alimony.

Kris_PBG
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:58 AM
I don't really give it any thought, so I guess I am pretty fine with working. I teach where my children attend school, so there are a lot of benefits with my situation...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ashleyrenee24
by 2ne1 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:25 AM
2 moms liked this

For real. Who knew you needed a rough and final draft on CM.

Quoting MommyBear28:

Okay!!!!!! It's NOT a formal essay that I'm writing; it's a comment on a blog! I don't have to use proper grammar online! Thank you!!!!! Oh and you don't like my exclamation marks? Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MommyBear28:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN