Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Working moms, do you ever wish you were a SAHM?

I used to be a SAHM, but 2 years ago I went back to work after the kids became old enough not to need me at home. I just had a 6 week lay off (it happens every year, so it's not a big deal) and I enjoyed being home SO much. My house was so clean, I was back to making gourmet meals, and I had energy to play games with my kids. When I work I only clean my house 2 days a week and only cook 2 days a week (my days off) and I am so exhausted I just want to come home and put my feet up. I feel like I am missing out on so much. DH makes more than enough to support us without my income, but he wants me to work so we can have extra money for vacations and other luxuries. But he did say if I get pregnant I can go back to staying at home, he hates the thought of his kid ever having to be in daycare. We ARE trying, so who knows...

Anywho, do you ever wish you could stay at home, or are you happy working?

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Replies (61-63):
needsupport100
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:08 AM

hell no!

1) this day and age, you never know when someone is going to walk out on you 2) i can't be dependent on someone else, telling me i can't do xyz with $ in the account cause *I* didn't make it 3) i like to have my own personal things going for myself

i'm full time worker, college student, mom and wife....i LOVE being busy, there is no way i could be sahm...i'd almost rather be the provider and let the man stay home before me

nataliesmom2012
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:10 AM

I love working but sometimes I really wish i could get a break (not saying SAHMs don't work because I know how hard it is to take care of the house and kids all day). I don't think I would be able to stay at home every day though. I think it would be great for a while but then I would want to go back to work again. I have worked continuously since I was 15. It's all I really know. I think I would get bored and tired of being at home all the time. I would also feel like I wasn't contributing. I wouldn't be able to handle feeling that way. I would have to at least get a part time job or work from home.

mcclainprincess
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:13 AM
I like working.. I never want to be a sahm again. I hated it. The only good thing was that my house was always spotless. I'll take less hours for sure because I'm working about fifty to sixty most weeks..but to be home all the time? No.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)