Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why would you not move her if she was stabbed seriosly.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
My 8 year old daughter came home from school. I asked how her day went. She said a classmate called her stupid.. I told her to ask to be seated someware else. She said she has to sit at a table with 4 other students all boys .. I wrote the teacher a note she wrote back and explained my daughter sits at that table because she helps the other students with there work. She also said that the student who stabbed my daughter with a pencil on monday was suspended.. I was never told about this not by her teacher or her.i asked her why he stabbed her she said I was telling him the answer he wote was wrong.. I sent another note to teacher saying I wanted her moved to another table the response was the teacher thought it was in best interest of all students for her to remain at that table.. what would you do
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:32 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:39 PM

First off what the heck does anything have to do with the fact she is mexican?  And why do you feel the need to point out that the boys at this table  are black?  You kinda sound like a racist.  First off from what you described it sounds like the teacher is a moron!  Not because she is mexican or because she is forcing your daughter to sit at a table of black boys but because is disregarding your daughters feelings and yours. If your daughter is uncomfortable sitting with them then she shouldn't have to.  This is one reason I have a huge problem with the public school system.  Why is it your daughters responsibility to help teach these boys!  Especially is they are hostile with her when all she is doing is what she is asked to do by the teacher.  I would be so angry.  Angry enough to go to the principal and demand that the teacher get a talking to!  When a child is assaulted by another student the parent should be contacted immediately and informed.  Especially if the assault was bad enough for the student to get suspended for it.  That is crazy.  I would have a sit down with the principal about the teacher ASAP. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:39 PM

I noticed you changed the title of your post.  I think that was a good idea:)

SpnFulOfSugar
by Emerald Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:40 PM
I would take my concerns to the administration
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
zomgkerrie
by Geek Goddess on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:42 PM

actually i think it is a teensy bit relevant. I think the teacher is afraid to move her from the all-black table in fear of being called a racist and getting in trouble with other parents and possibly faculty. The teacher is probably trying to avoid that, but your daughter is suffering in the meantime. I would have a chat with the principal since there is a documented instance of the other girl getting suspended for hurting  your daughter.

Quoting Anonymous:

First off what the heck does anything have to do with the fact she is mexican?  And why do you feel the need to point out that the boys at this table  are black?  You kinda sound like a racist.  First off from what you described it sounds like the teacher is a moron!  Not because she is mexican or because she is forcing your daughter to sit at a table of black boys but because is disregarding your daughters feelings and yours. If your daughter is uncomfortable sitting with them then she shouldn't have to.  This is one reason I have a huge problem with the public school system.  Why is it your daughters responsibility to help teach these boys!  Especially is they are hostile with her when all she is doing is what she is asked to do by the teacher.  I would be so angry.  Angry enough to go to the principal and demand that the teacher get a talking to!  When a child is assaulted by another student the parent should be contacted immediately and informed.  Especially if the assault was bad enough for the student to get suspended for it.  That is crazy.  I would have a sit down with the principal about the teacher ASAP. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Principal time also why is your daughter being made to help other students?  Are they paying her a salary as a part time teacher?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:43 PM
I would take it to the administration too. If the teacher is refusing to move her to another table then maybe she needs to be moved to a different classroom.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:43 PM
I had stated that because she has to do everything with these boys. She said even sometimes at recess she has to play with her group there are other girls other students but as her group leader she has to be with her group.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Threaten to homeschool....that usually get things done pretty quickly. lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:44 PM
One of the boys stabbed her.. Not a girl

Quoting zomgkerrie:

actually i think it is a teensy bit relevant. I think the teacher is afraid to move her from the all-black table in fear of being called a racist and getting in trouble with other parents and possibly faculty. The teacher is probably trying to avoid that, but your daughter is suffering in the meantime. I would have a chat with the principal since there is a documented instance of the other girl getting suspended for hurting  your daughter.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)