Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how do i make sure this doesnt break someones head?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:28 PM
  • 23 Replies

i am painting the nursery right now see? :-)

anyways what a mess eh? never mind that. i bought a vintage hanging glass lamp at a yard sale years ago.....finally have a perfect room to hang it in!! this one!! not above the crib though o.0 lol but how do i make sure the hang thingy i put up wont pull out? is there a trick to finding the stud? the lamp;

D.O.E. ~ Canadian mother of 3 boys, and happily (usually) married. we are expecting another boy in april!

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
D.O.E.
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:30 PM

BUMP!

MsRkg
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:33 PM

If you go to home depot or lowes, they make these devices that let you find a stud in the wall. You run it along the wall , and throws out a signal(sonar/radar like)  through the wall, and it lights up when passes over a stud or area that is not hollow. I think it cost like 20 dollars or something.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Knock on the ceiling?

MicheleJM
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Quoting MsRkg:

If you go to home depot or lowes, they make these devices that let you find a stud in the wall. You run it along the wall , and throws out a signal(sonar/radar like)  through the wall, and it lights up when passes over a stud or area that is not hollow. I think it cost like 20 dollars or something.

I hear there is even an app for that.  Don't know how good they are though.  For android and iPhones.

D.O.E.
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:38 PM

oo00ooo an app? i have android

Quoting MicheleJM:

Quoting MsRkg:

I hear there is even an app for that.  Don't know how good they are though.  For android and iPhones.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:39 PM
You can use a stud finder like previous posters mentioned. Also, I think studs, by building code, have to be placed every 16 inches.
MsRkg
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Yea I think I heard that though. But I don't know how much I would trust that lol.

Quoting MicheleJM:

Quoting MsRkg:

MicheleJM
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:41 PM

I agree who knows how good they are.

Quoting MsRkg:

Yea I think I heard that though. But I don't know how much I would trust that lol.

Quoting MicheleJM:

Quoting MsRkg:

brvdsmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:41 PM

if you don't put it in a stud you can use a molly bolt, once you screw it in it opens like a butterfly

redbutterfly666
by Emerald Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:42 PM

stud finders are your best friend in these situations

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)