Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I know this sounds stupid but...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My friend just really hurt my feelings.

She had asked yesterday if we wanted to go to the aquarium with her and her family. I told her I would talk to dh and let her know. 

Well we just got a puppy last month so she can't be left for more than a few hours. When we are going to be gone longer than that I have my mom (who lives right down the street) take her out for us.

Well my moms not around this weekend and the aquarium is over an hour away. I told my gf we couldn't go this weekend but maybe next weekend. She got SO mad!

She started going off, "why did you get that stupid fucking dog in the first place." "We are going this weekend, I'm not going to change my plans because you decided to get a dog" "I really wanted you guys to come with us but oh the joys of having a dog, now you guys can't do anything!!!"

Um...seriously?! I can't understand someone getting so upset about something like that. And not only that, but I freaking love my dog. We got her knowing that until she is older our social lives would be some what limited. 

Bitch needs to lighten up, part of me doesn't even want to talk to her anymore!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:32 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:40 PM

she is crate trained but she's barely three months old and weighs 4lbs so she has a very small bladder and I don't want to make her suffer. I could leave her to go but I would feel rushed because I would be worrying about her and like i said, she will have to go to the bathroom and i don't want her to have to hold it all day, that's not fair.

Quoting dian0243:

2 words---"crate training."

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:41 PM

For once she DOESN'T have drama?  I guess she's looking for some then!  LOL  Yeah, give her some space.  Don't let her play you and she'll learn you won't respond.

That said, she is being immature.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yea, I get what your saying. We haven't cancelled plans at all lately.  We do talk daily and for once she doesn't have a "world ending drama" going on in her life. I'm not going to end the friendship, it just hurt my feelings. And obviously she hates dogs or something so she wouldn't understand and it's not worth starting a fight over. Im just going to leave her be for a few days and see if she contacts me.

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Is it possible something else is bothering her and she's just lashing out because it was easier to attack you and the dog than face her issue?  Have you canceled a lot of plans on her recently?

Try inviting her out at a time when you know the dog will be taken care of.

I don't think this one blow up is worth losing the friendship over.  I think she needs time to cool down, and then an understanding friend to ask what is really going on, kwim?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:42 PM

The reason I said maybe next weekend is because we've been talking about all going together the last few months. They didn't have plans set in stone, it was just an idea she had and I guess a good weekend for them to go.

Quoting mich.el.le:

She was way over the top for flipping out on you like that, but I also don't think you should have said ''maybe next weekend'' as if she should change her plans around your dog.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Nope! She's actually usually the one to cancel because her ds gets sick a lot. Maybe next time I should flip out on her for even having the kid in the first place!!! lol i totally kid but it was such a huge over reaction, no idea where it came from.

Quoting mtdew:

Do you cancel plans with her alot?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:43 PM

I can't think of anything!! We actually have a great friendship, I don't think we've ever really fought over anything! That's why I am so thrown off!

Quoting Anonymous:

I think that it must've been about more than the dog. Is it possible she's upset with you over something else?

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Quoting mich.el.le:

She was way over the top for flipping out on you like that, but I also don't think you should have said ''maybe next weekend'' as if she should change her plans around your dog.

this.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Yup, she is crate trained but she is barely three months old and weighs 4lbs so has a very small bladder. She can go about 4-5 hours in the crate over night but during the day it's less. Theoretically we could go and leave her and she most likely wouldn't pee in the crate but I just don't think that's fair to the pup, making her hold it all day, ya kno?

Quoting LilliesValley:

I don't get why she's upset. She offered, you declined and asked about a different date. No big deal no reason to go off on you.

Op we got a puppy in Dec, he's thee months old now and potty trained up to six to eight hours. Do you have s crate. That's how we trained our last two dogs and it workers great.

Dogs are a responsibility but puppy training is temporary. Your friends reaction could cause permanent friendships loss for her. Kind of silly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:47 PM

I didn't expect her to change her plans! We have been talking about all going together for months and it was just an idea she had for this weekend. I told her that I wouldn't care if they went with out us, I understand that us having a dog isn't her problem and she still flipped out, so idk! We don't plan our social life around the dog though lol just the first few months till she grows a little. She only weighs 4lbs so she has a tiny little bladder and i don't want to make her hold it all day.

Quoting Saintsational:

While I wouldn't have been as pissed as her I probably wouldn't have changed my plans to accommodate your dog either. I have a friend who plans her social life around her dog and it is annoying.

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Sounds like she is jealous of your puppy -- very immature.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Exactly!!! lol I'm her only friend left, so that says a lot about her lol

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

For once she DOESN'T have drama?  I guess she's looking for some then!  LOL  Yeah, give her some space.  Don't let her play you and she'll learn you won't respond.

That said, she is being immature.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yea, I get what your saying. We haven't cancelled plans at all lately.  We do talk daily and for once she doesn't have a "world ending drama" going on in her life. I'm not going to end the friendship, it just hurt my feelings. And obviously she hates dogs or something so she wouldn't understand and it's not worth starting a fight over. Im just going to leave her be for a few days and see if she contacts me.

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Is it possible something else is bothering her and she's just lashing out because it was easier to attack you and the dog than face her issue?  Have you canceled a lot of plans on her recently?

Try inviting her out at a time when you know the dog will be taken care of.

I don't think this one blow up is worth losing the friendship over.  I think she needs time to cool down, and then an understanding friend to ask what is really going on, kwim?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)