Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I know this sounds stupid but...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My friend just really hurt my feelings.

She had asked yesterday if we wanted to go to the aquarium with her and her family. I told her I would talk to dh and let her know. 

Well we just got a puppy last month so she can't be left for more than a few hours. When we are going to be gone longer than that I have my mom (who lives right down the street) take her out for us.

Well my moms not around this weekend and the aquarium is over an hour away. I told my gf we couldn't go this weekend but maybe next weekend. She got SO mad!

She started going off, "why did you get that stupid fucking dog in the first place." "We are going this weekend, I'm not going to change my plans because you decided to get a dog" "I really wanted you guys to come with us but oh the joys of having a dog, now you guys can't do anything!!!"

Um...seriously?! I can't understand someone getting so upset about something like that. And not only that, but I freaking love my dog. We got her knowing that until she is older our social lives would be some what limited. 

Bitch needs to lighten up, part of me doesn't even want to talk to her anymore!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:32 PM
Replies (31-37):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:50 PM

a little odd, right? I told her if they end up not going because it may snow that they are more than welcome to come here and I'll make some food and we can all just hang out. But she hasn't responded so idk what her problem is. If it weren't for our ds's being best buds and our dh's being best buds, I wouldn't even be putting up with that ridiculousness!

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Sounds like she is jealous of your puppy -- very immature.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:56 PM

I get that. I can understand maybe thinking i was being inconsiderate or asking her to change her plans for me but her reaction was still uncalled for!

Quoting notjstasocermom:

Quoting mich.el.le:

She was way over the top for flipping out on you like that, but I also don't think you should have said ''maybe next weekend'' as if she should change her plans around your dog.

this.

LilliesValley
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Wow that is small!! I think if you don't do it all the time its no big deal. Take him for a good walk ahead of time and that will help. But still her reaction sucked.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yup, she is crate trained but she is barely three months old and weighs 4lbs so has a very small bladder. She can go about 4-5 hours in the crate over night but during the day it's less. Theoretically we could go and leave her and she most likely wouldn't pee in the crate but I just don't think that's fair to the pup, making her hold it all day, ya kno?

Quoting LilliesValley:

I don't get why she's upset. She offered, you declined and asked about a different date. No big deal no reason to go off on you.

Op we got a puppy in Dec, he's thee months old now and potty trained up to six to eight hours. Do you have s crate. That's how we trained our last two dogs and it workers great.

Dogs are a responsibility but puppy training is temporary. Your friends reaction could cause permanent friendships loss for her. Kind of silly.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Agreed she's probably more annoyed at the idea that you were suggesting that she should change her plans because you got a dog and further because you said it like she should wait around for you to just deny her a week later when you're likely not going to be able to go as well. Not justifying what she said or did but I'd be a little miffed if someone was like 'well maybe next time' its not cheap going to places like that and waiting around for someone elses plans to match yours is kind of annoying. Especially if its over a dog. 

Quoting mich.el.le:

She was way over the top for flipping out on you like that, but I also don't think you should have said ''maybe next weekend'' as if she should change her plans around your dog.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Maybe something happened and your dog situation got the brunt of her anger? 

I'm usually all about not allowing someone to be rude to me, but it sounds as though this particular friend had more goin on and perhaps needs someone to listen to her. I hope you figure it out soon.

Quoting Anonymous:

I can't think of anything!! We actually have a great friendship, I don't think we've ever really fought over anything! That's why I am so thrown off!

Quoting Anonymous:

I think that it must've been about more than the dog. Is it possible she's upset with you over something else?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:08 PM

The only reason I said maybe next weekend is because I knew her plans weren't set in stone or anything. We've been talking about all going together for months and I've put off our plans on going not just to the aquarium but other things as well several times for her because our kids want to go together. What I didn't say in the op is that after I said maybe next weekend, i also said or if you don't want to wait, i have no problem with you guys just going. I wasn't asking her to change her schedule around for my dog but this is something we've been trying to all do together for a long time.

Quoting Anonymous:

Agreed she's probably more annoyed at the idea that you were suggesting that she should change her plans because you got a dog and further because you said it like she should wait around for you to just deny her a week later when you're likely not going to be able to go as well. Not justifying what she said or did but I'd be a little miffed if someone was like 'well maybe next time' its not cheap going to places like that and waiting around for someone elses plans to match yours is kind of annoying. Especially if its over a dog. 

Quoting mich.el.le:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Maybe. I asked her if something was wrong, she just said no and that was pretty much the end of our conversation. Also, she tends to be a bit dramatic (if you couldn't tell lol) so when something happens that even slightly upsets her, shes on the phone with me bitching about it. Maybe though, ya never know!

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe something happened and your dog situation got the brunt of her anger? 

I'm usually all about not allowing someone to be rude to me, but it sounds as though this particular friend had more goin on and perhaps needs someone to listen to her. I hope you figure it out soon.

Quoting Anonymous:

I can't think of anything!! We actually have a great friendship, I don't think we've ever really fought over anything! That's why I am so thrown off!

Quoting Anonymous:

I think that it must've been about more than the dog. Is it possible she's upset with you over something else?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN