Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

babies don't "just cry"!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 156 Replies
5 moms liked this

sorry, just a small rant.

I know I'm new to the "mom" thing and that my DS is only 7 weeks so, no, I do not know everything nor do I claim to...

But I do know that babies don't "just cry" without a reason. I just want to shake the girl (yes, girl) that said this to me at the doctors office. (I know I have no right to judge, but here I go)

Her baby was sucking her fist and showing clear signs of being hungry then started screaming her little head off. The mom wouldn't get off her phone long enough to even glance down at the poor baby. She looked at my son who was contently sitting in my lap and said, "I can't believe how calm he is, all this one does is just cry"

I so wanted to go off on this girl and say, "Babies don't just cry and your daughter is clearly hungry!!"

So, to the dumb women who think that your baby is just crying for no reason, either A) you're not getting what the baby is trying to tell you, B) your baby needs to see a doctor because something is going on and you're not getting it, C) You're just not very good at understanding your child.

*steps off soapbox*

ETA: I like how so many of you are pulling out the "colic" card--hmmm colic sounds like a reason to me since  they cry BECAUSE of colic

So, once again I say, babies don't cry just for the fun of it. It's their communication tool and if you can't tell that, I'm sorry for your children.

Also, while my DS is my first child, I raised my nephew (he was 2 when DH and I took them in) and my niece (she was a month).

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:56 PM
3 moms liked this
Some babies do "just cry" It is called colic.

ETA: You can quote me all you want and argue that colic means they have gas or are in pain, but that is only a guess on your part. No one knows what causes colic, or why babies with it cry all the time.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/colic/DS00058

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AHmom103
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:57 PM

No, sometimes, babies really do just cry. It's called colic. Lot's of babies have it, and all it means is that the baby has periods of time almost every day that s/he just cries for no apparent reason.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:58 PM
17 moms liked this
I stopped at "My baby is only 7 weeks."

Your opinion is no longer valid to me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Some babies do "just cry" It is called colic.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:00 PM
You'll see. lmao
supermomz25
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:02 PM

actually sometimes babies do just cry. maybe they have colic or maybe mom/dad has tried everything else and still they just cry.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:04 PM
2 moms liked this

I love when new moms think they are parenting experts,  it's so cute!  Babies do cry for no reason and just to cry sometimes!

seemommyrun
by Sue daNim on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Ooohhhh Mama,  you are in for a rude awakening. 

Let me apologize in advance :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Oh, yes, they do. You don't know my friend's daughter.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN