Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So this is a competition now?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies
My sister just had her baby boy this morning. I cannot go til later this after noon. Kids aren't allowed in, plus my ds has his 18 mo check up today too.

My mom and the BD are the only ones that are there. My mom is sending me pictures and is all excited.

But her texts are making it sound like she is comparing my ds to his cousin.

It started with, oh don't worry he is latching good for her unlike William. Okayyyy... That was rude. It broke my heart when I coul feed my son.

Next she says, oh thank god, at least he has blue eyes! My ds has brown. But aren't all newborns born with blue eyes? Idk I know she is excited but still. Needs no comparison.

My mother always has favorites though.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atyou
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:50 PM
3 moms liked this
I think you're being sensitive. Your post reads like you're jealous of the attention she's getting/bound to get as a new mother.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:52 PM

I would wait for a bit and not be so sensative to the situation, she is bound to get the attention right now. But if it continues on I would put a stop to it.

Ms.Pink.
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:52 PM
No, not all newborns are born blue eyed. Both mine were brown eyed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:52 PM

People will compare, that is a given.  Just try not to let it bother you.  Heck, even between my two sons, the only grandchildren on DH's side, the in laws compared!  "He's much smaller than his brother was!"  "My, he doesn't cry like his brother did!"  "Oh, finally a grandchild with our brown hair!"  (Finally?  He's only the second grandchild!  lol)

jbirdsladie27
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Agrees

Quoting atyou:

I think you're being sensitive. Your post reads like you're jealous of the attention she's getting/bound to get as a new mother.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:54 PM

She sounds like she's trying to make you jealous. I'd be upset.

justahousewife
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:59 PM
It could be worse. My mom likes to tell people their children don't look like them or in her best moments she will tell someone that the kid looks like another particular person just to get people thinking. She told my brother that his kid looked more like my other brother, obviously trying to shove in insecurities. But my mom is b.tchy like that. Lol
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry momma your moms an asshat. My mom used to be the same flipping way. Made me sick. I finally had to fistance myself from her.

carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:00 PM

I think most people just compare out of habit. But the *Unlike William* comment was kinda bitchy IMO.

Chantilly1
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:01 PM

sorry you felt that way :( I think I would take it a bit personal if it was my mom talking like that too. 

Maybe just wait a bit to see if it continues, and if it does than perhaps u and mom need to have a little chit chat. 

good luck hope it works out 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)