Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I believe in...

breastfeeding your baby

I'm pro life

I believe in and try my best to follow the 10 commandments and the 7 virtues

I reject modern medicine and vaccinations

I believe in maintaining a nutrient dense organic diet and taking supplements like colloidal silver and probiotics.

I believe that we have become disconnected from our natural world and I enjoy taking my son on adventures though the forest and on hikes.

I believe in teaching my children good morals and manners.

I don't feed my child junk food...whatsoever! 

I believe in gentle parenting and open communication.

I don't watch Tv and I don't let my child watch tv.

I am interested in politics, gardening, biomimicry, social sciences, the law of attraction etc etc

I am always trying to better myself and grow as a person.

IF this describes you, please let me know.

thank you. 

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Replies (61-66):
MsRkg
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Anecdotal video evidence is not scientific proof.

Fresh from the American Cancer Society:

What is the evidence?

There have been no well-controlled studies published in the available medical literature that show the Gerson therapy is effective in treating cancer.

In a review of the medical literature, researchers from the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center identified 7 human studies of Gerson therapy that have been published or presented at medical conferences. None of them were randomized controlled studies. One study was a look-back study (retrospective review) conducted by the Gerson Research Organization in 1995. They reported that when patients with melanoma, colorectal cancer, and ovarian cancer were treated with surgery and Gerson therapy, survival rates were higher than would normally be expected, but they did not provide statistics to support the results. Other studies have been small, had inconclusive results, or have been plagued by other problems (such as a large percentage of patients not completing the study), making it impossible to draw firm conclusions about the effectiveness of treatment.

Some parts of the Gerson regimen, such as eating large amounts of fruits and vegetables and limiting fat intake, can be part of a healthy diet if not taken to extremes. Researchers are continuing to study the potential anti-cancer properties of different substances in fruits and vegetables, but their individual and collective effects are not well understood at this time. Because of this, the best evidence suggests eating a balanced diet that includes 2 and ½ cups or more a day of vegetables and fruit, choosing whole grains over processed and refined foods, and limiting red meats and animal fats as well as alcohol. Choosing foods from a variety of fruits, vegetables, and other plant sources such as nuts, seeds, whole grain cereals, and beans is likely to be healthier than consuming large amounts of one particular type of food. Based on currently available evidence, diet is likely to play a greater role in preventing cancer than in treating it.

There is very little scientific evidence to support the use of other components of the Gerson regimen, such as consuming only fresh, raw juices prepared in a certain way, eliminating salt from the diet, and “detoxifying” the liver through coffee enemas and injected liver extracts. These methods have very little scientific evidence to support their use against cancer.

Quoting Wonderwoman1432:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BE2OzOMdIk

You are wrong.

Quoting MsRkg:

Well said.

I believe to date that Gerson Therapy/Institute has not had a single scientific case of  even putting a person into remission.

Quoting VannaMae307:

I had thyroid cancer in 2011.

If someone said "we're going to cure your cancer with fruit" I'd laugh in their face. Thyroid cancer can't be cured with enemas and carrots, they had to completely remove the organ from my body so I could function normally and make sure it didn't spread to my lymph nodes and beyond.

Also, I take a pill everyday for my hormones to balance....if I don't take that pill, I turn into a mess of diarrhea, anxiety, thinning hair, and anger. But hey, I don't have cancer anymore, and I thank God for it. everyday!

I'm personally thankful for modern medicine....I'm glad I don't find myself yearning for the stone age.

Quoting Wonderwoman1432:

Wow! let me clarify I will take my son to the doctors to reposition his leg or whatever they might have to do but he will not be getting a shot of any sort. The Gerson institute is a place where they cure cancer patients with a strict nutrient packed diet, enemas to help detox the body and other supplements. It has a great percentage of turn arounds.

Quoting Anonymous:

So if your kid broke a leg you would let the kid jump limp around on it unset?  I don't know what the Gerson Institute is,  is it some hippy dippy place you take your kid to die?

Quoting Wonderwoman1432:

Breaking a leg doesn't require medicine. If I or my son gets cancer we will be going to the Gerson Institute. 

Quoting Anonymous:

So not believing in modern medicine and all what are you going to do if one of your kids break a leg or get some horrible disease like cancer,  will you use modern medicine then?

Wonderwoman1432
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:01 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JfVL2u4bu4

Wonderwoman1432
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Fresh from the American Cancer Society

Quoting MsRkg:

What is the evidence?

There have been no well-controlled studies published in the available medical literature that show the Gerson therapy is effective in treating cancer.

In a review of the medical literature, researchers from the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center identified 7 human studies of Gerson therapy that have been published or presented at medical conferences. None of them were randomized controlled studies. One study was a look-back study (retrospective review) conducted by the Gerson Research Organization in 1995. They reported that when patients with melanoma, colorectal cancer, and ovarian cancer were treated with surgery and Gerson therapy, survival rates were higher than would normally be expected, but they did not provide statistics to support the results. Other studies have been small, had inconclusive results, or have been plagued by other problems (such as a large percentage of patients not completing the study), making it impossible to draw firm conclusions about the effectiveness of treatment.

Some parts of the Gerson regimen, such as eating large amounts of fruits and vegetables and limiting fat intake, can be part of a healthy diet if not taken to extremes. Researchers are continuing to study the potential anti-cancer properties of different substances in fruits and vegetables, but their individual and collective effects are not well understood at this time. Because of this, the best evidence suggests eating a balanced diet that includes 2 and ½ cups or more a day of vegetables and fruit, choosing whole grains over processed and refined foods, and limiting red meats and animal fats as well as alcohol. Choosing foods from a variety of fruits, vegetables, and other plant sources such as nuts, seeds, whole grain cereals, and beans is likely to be healthier than consuming large amounts of one particular type of food. Based on currently available evidence, diet is likely to play a greater role in preventing cancer than in treating it.

There is very little scientific evidence to support the use of other components of the Gerson regimen, such as consuming only fresh, raw juices prepared in a certain way, eliminating salt from the diet, and “detoxifying” the liver through coffee enemas and injected liver extracts. These methods have very little scientific evidence to support their use against cancer.

Quoting Wonderwoman1432:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BE2OzOMdIk

You are wrong.

Quoting MsRkg:

Well said.

I believe to date that Gerson Therapy/Institute has not had a single scientific case of  even putting a person into remission.

Quoting VannaMae307:

I had thyroid cancer in 2011.

If someone said "we're going to cure your cancer with fruit" I'd laugh in their face. Thyroid cancer can't be cured with enemas and carrots, they had to completely remove the organ from my body so I could function normally and make sure it didn't spread to my lymph nodes and beyond.

Also, I take a pill everyday for my hormones to balance....if I don't take that pill, I turn into a mess of diarrhea, anxiety, thinning hair, and anger. But hey, I don't have cancer anymore, and I thank God for it. everyday!

I'm personally thankful for modern medicine....I'm glad I don't find myself yearning for the stone age.

Quoting Wonderwoman1432:

Wow! let me clarify I will take my son to the doctors to reposition his leg or whatever they might have to do but he will not be getting a shot of any sort. The Gerson institute is a place where they cure cancer patients with a strict nutrient packed diet, enemas to help detox the body and other supplements. It has a great percentage of turn arounds.

Quoting Anonymous:

So if your kid broke a leg you would let the kid jump limp around on it unset?  I don't know what the Gerson Institute is,  is it some hippy dippy place you take your kid to die?

Quoting Wonderwoman1432:

Breaking a leg doesn't require medicine. If I or my son gets cancer we will be going to the Gerson Institute. 

Quoting Anonymous:

So not believing in modern medicine and all what are you going to do if one of your kids break a leg or get some horrible disease like cancer,  will you use modern medicine then?

Wonderwoman1432
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:14 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FCJGNmmb0o

MsRkg
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Where do you think that I got the information that I quoted you? Scroll down on your link, read the page,and read the "What is the evidence" or read it below in my own post. It's the same thing.  I just bolded the important parts.

Quoting Wonderwoman1432:

Fresh from the American Cancer Society

Quoting MsRkg:

What is the evidence?

Xanbuttsmom
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN