Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dog vs Child

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Scenario:

You've had a dog for 6 years. The dog is sweet and lovable unless in a social situation and it becomes aggressive. To the point your vet says the dog needs an anti anxiety pill.

You become pregnant and bring the baby home. Dog is very unhappy. The dog growls at the baby. Always.

Baby is now mobile and the dog still is vicious towards the child. To the point you separate the baby from the dog just incase.. Baby begins walking. Baby falls into dog. Dog snaps at child.

My question is what is your next move? This isn't pit bull related. This is happening with my friend and I told her she needs to get rid of the dog. I'm now Satan. It' bee nover s year and if anything the dog is more aggressive now than a year ago. What is she going to do if that dog really gets a hold of her child?? I just think its a bad idea. They have 2 dogs. The other dog loves their child and will growl at the other dog almost protecting the baby.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Replies (31-40):
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:17 PM
The dog would be gone. We've already had to do it. Our old dog would growl and lunge at me when I became pregnant and would get anywhere close to my husband.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:17 PM

I would re-home the dog. Well...honestly, the dog would probably be put to sleep. Who would want a vicious dog who needs to be given the dog equivalent to Xanax just to "maybe" keep it from attacking?

Stephd710
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Im usually for training BOTH child and dog to coexist but if he was mean natured from the beginning, it might be a lost cause.  I think she should re-home the dog to someone with no children.  

Vamp
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:18 PM

The dog would totally be gone...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:20 PM

bye bye doggie :( But I need to protect my baby

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:20 PM

No question, the dog would go.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:21 PM

if i were in that situation i would have already gotten rid of the dog and if the dog did bite my baby he would get a bullet in the head bc if an animal is that aggressive they dont need to be rehomed and potentally kill a helpless child.  

MsRkg
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:23 PM

If that was the case, and I knew the dog had an anxiety issues before I got pregnant, I would have been working on training the dog from day one. Most times dog don't snap at children out of aggression, but more out of dominance, to assert their place over the child and establish "pack position".  This situation is still salvageable. I would try to re-train the dog again with an expert dog trainer who knows how to correctly integrate dog and kid into a home together, before I tried to rehome. In the interim though, I would consider a soft muzzle on the dog while dog and kid are in the same area/room, until the problem is settled.

Ireallydontcare
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:24 PM

The dog would have been gone ages ago. No way no how. Don't tell me your Fur Baby was there first. What a freaking stupid ass thing to say. Your HUMAN CHILD is your baby. Dog gone!

justahousewife
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:27 PM
The dog would have been gone when it growled at the baby. I loved my dog, would trade my relationship to have him back. Lol But no one threatens my children.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)