Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Your kids lunch

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 62 Replies
What do you pack for your child's lunch?

How does it not go bad sitting out for hours?

My DD eats pb&j everyday because I would rather her not get food poisoning from unkept food.

Just wondering..
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:04 PM

my son usually eats lunch at school since he gets free lunch. occasionally they will serve something he doesn't like so he will bring his own lunch. its always pb&j or ham and cheese sandwich with a piece of fruit. never done anything special with his lunch. just put it in his lunchbag and he eats 3 hours after getting to school. his lunch has never gone bad in that short amount of time,

smushy79
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:05 PM

We like PBJ or ham and cheese with mustard. I have tried other things but that is what he likes. We put an ice pack in there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Insulated lunch box with ice packs or a thermos. 

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Ice pack for stuff that could go bad inserted in the lunch box......no worries.  They make gel paks and ice packs for just this purpose.

NiCo86
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:07 PM

use an insulated lunch box/bag and put a cold pack in there. problem solved!

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I put a frozen bottle of water in with her lunch. It keeps her food super cold and she can drink the water with it

supermomz25
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:09 PM

my kids pack their own lunches in the morning before school.

my son 12 1/2 packs a pb&j sandwich, a banana, a granola bar, 2 kinds of crackers, water

my daughter 11 packs a turkey sandwich, an apple, a granola bar, 2 kinds of crackers, water

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:09 PM
I have food certification and any food that is not keep at 40 degrees or lower after 4 hours of being at room temperature is susceptible to food borne illnesses.

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:10 PM

We homeschool so it's not an issue. I would probably be a bit paranoid if they did though. I'm super paranoid about food going bad.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Me too, that's why she eats a pb&j everyday. I also live in Florida so some areas depending on where stuff is kept can get warm quickly

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

We homeschool so it's not an issue. I would probably be a bit paranoid if they did though. I'm super paranoid about food going bad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)