Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I feel ugly..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
Idk what to do. I'm always told I'm beautiful but I never FEEL beautiful.

Anyone else feel the same? Any advice?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
always2012
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:22 PM

stop by say hi we will see how it goes!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:23 PM

I am told I am very pretty, but I hate my face... lol... I think we are all more judgemental to ourselves... 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:23 PM
What?

Quoting always2012:

stop by say hi we will see how it goes!

always2012
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:24 PM

why would you feel ugly? so i just said stop by my profile and say hi and we could see where it goes. the discussion. sorry didnt mean to sound rude :-(

olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:24 PM
I was told a lot when I was young how beautiful I was. It pissed me off, I wanted to hear how smart or funny I was. But I should have relished it. Now I'd love to hear it. And I know feeling beautiful is not the same as being beautiful. Do you know why you don't feel pretty?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:28 PM
You weren't rude I was just confused.

Quoting always2012:

why would you feel ugly? so i just said stop by my profile and say hi and we could see where it goes. the discussion. sorry didnt mean to sound rude :-(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:30 PM
Unfornately I have no idea why.
I can understand me not liking my stomache after two kids but its not even that.

Quoting olliesmommy2:

I was told a lot when I was young how beautiful I was. It pissed me off, I wanted to hear how smart or funny I was. But I should have relished it. Now I'd love to hear it. And I know feeling beautiful is not the same as being beautiful. Do you know why you don't feel pretty?

olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:35 PM
I would make finding that reason a priority. Keep a journal, seek counseling, something. I've spent years trying to get myself to feel beautiful. It's just not me. I try not to let it drag me down though. Tell yourself the things that do make you a beautiful person.

Quoting Anonymous:

Unfornately I have no idea why.

I can understand me not liking my stomache after two kids but its not even that.

Quoting olliesmommy2:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NiCo86
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:36 PM

people tell me i'm pretty, my husband tells me i'm beautiful, but I don't see it. *shrug* I just don't find myself attractive, but then again, we are our own worst critics.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:39 PM
If there's something you dislike about yourself try to change it. Obviously other people feel you are pretty. I understand the feeling, the other night I got called gorgeous by five different people. When I think of myself, gorgeous is not the word I think of...but that's my problem, I'm trying to change what I dislike so maybe I can see what other people do.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN