Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids in FT Daycare

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1361 Replies
55 moms liked this

Moms, if your children are in daycare full time, do you feel like you miss out on a lot?  That you don't see your kids enough?  That you're only a part time parent, if that?  That, maybe, it was pointless to have kids, as you see them so little?

We're friends with a couple who wants to have their third child. Their other two children are in daycare 50-55 hours each week.  I don't get the point of having another child that they'd never see.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Regarding kids in school- they aren't there for 11 hours daily, usually.  This couple drops their DDs off at 7:00am and picks them up at 6:00pm, occasionally 5:00pm.

EDIT 2: I see that some of you "ladies" have chosen to attack me personally instead of answering the above questions.  Stop being so easily offended.  If you have something valid to add about the topic, please do. Calling me judgemental or a bitch, and saying it's none of my business isn't adding anything to the conversation, whether or not it's true.  You're saying it just to make yourselves feel better.  Maybe you could actually try answering the questions?  

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ohiomom35
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:26 PM
34 moms liked this
My kids have never been in daycare and never will be. They are three and five. Five yr old will be starting kindergarten soon
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:27 PM
78 moms liked this

I think you are going to get ripped a new one. And I think you should not worry about what or how other's choose to raise their kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:27 PM
15 moms liked this

When my oldest was in daycare, I missed her SO much. I hated leaving her and yes, I did feel like I missed out on a ton of stuff. I'm happy that I'm able to stay home now, but I also think that what works for my family may not necessarily work for another.

Redwoods_Mama
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:27 PM
41 moms liked this

My thoughts?

You have a whole lotta judgement for women who live lives different than your own.  -_-  Wow.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:28 PM
4 moms liked this

I guess since my 2 DD's go to school all day, that makes me only a part time parent as well?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:29 PM
10 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

I think you are going to get ripped a new one. And I think you should not worry about what or how other's choose to raise their kids.

I don't mind being "ripped a new one".

I'm not worried, I'm thinking out loud, if you will.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:30 PM
5 moms liked this

Quoting Redwoods_Mama:

My thoughts?

You have a whole lotta judgement for women who live lives different than your own.  -_-  Wow.

Where did I judge?  I simply asked a few questions.

Redwoods_Mama
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:33 PM
11 moms liked this

You asked where the judgement is.  Right there in bold.

Quoting Anonymous:

Moms, if your children are in daycare full time, do you feel like you miss out on a lot?  That you don't see your kids enough?  That you're only a part time parent, if that?  That, maybe, it was pointless to have kids, as you see them so little?

We're friends with a couple who wants to have their third child. Their other two children are in daycare 50-55 hours each week.  I don't get the point of having another child that they'd never see.

Thoughts?

taminick32
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:33 PM
11 moms liked this
I think the same my DH have always worked opposite shifts so a parent is always home. I also don't like paying to work.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:39 PM
35 moms liked this

Quoting Redwoods_Mama:

You asked where the judgement is.  Right there in bold.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thoughts?

Silly me.  I thought those were questions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured