Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Kids in FT Daycare

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Moms, if your children are in daycare full time, do you feel like you miss out on a lot?  That you don't see your kids enough?  That you're only a part time parent, if that?  That, maybe, it was pointless to have kids, as you see them so little?

We're friends with a couple who wants to have their third child. Their other two children are in daycare 50-55 hours each week.  I don't get the point of having another child that they'd never see.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Regarding kids in school- they aren't there for 11 hours daily, usually.  This couple drops their DDs off at 7:00am and picks them up at 6:00pm, occasionally 5:00pm.

EDIT 2: I see that some of you "ladies" have chosen to attack me personally instead of answering the above questions.  Stop being so easily offended.  If you have something valid to add about the topic, please do. Calling me judgemental or a bitch, and saying it's none of my business isn't adding anything to the conversation, whether or not it's true.  You're saying it just to make yourselves feel better.  Maybe you could actually try answering the questions?  

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Replies (151-160):
LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:55 AM
3 moms liked this

LOL Right? Because the definition of parenting is staying with them 24/7. *NOTE SARCASM* Never mind making sure they have food, clothes, a roof over their heads, insurance, etc. As long as you stay home, you're the best. It has NOTNING to do with the financial aspect of PARENTING. LMAO

Quoting Abby.N.Amys.Mom:

Excuse me, but no, I don't feel like a "part time parent" and it was NOT pointless to have children.  Just because I work doesn't mean I shouldn't have children.  You are so friggin narrow minded it's pathetic. Enjoy your ignorance, it makes you look like a moron.

SuDoNim
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:55 AM

I can think of a few situations why someone would essentially work to pay for daycare

1. Single parent

2. Sole source of health insurance for the family 

3. Competetive or highly-specialized career, with which you can't take years off to be a SAHM

4. Full-time student 

Quoting Anonymous:

okay what, people are saying that why would you spend your whole salary on daycare and like I said, some people are above the poverty level and can afford to send their kids without breaking the bank.  not sure what your response meant as I was replying to the person I quoted.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Quoting -BX-:

pointless to have kids? do u think everyone is born with a silver fucking spoon in their mouths and can afford to stay home? maybe it was pointless for you to have kids bc if they are as judgemental as you, then we are screwed

They see their children 2 hours 5 of 7 days a week.  I'm questioning why someone would have -another- child when they never see the other 2.

Also, ad hominem.  Learn it, live it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Quoting LilyofPhilly:

Because she's bored off her ass from doing nothing but wiping noses and picking up toys all day!

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

Ehh it's not your family or kids so why do you care so much?

More ad hominem.

Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:58 AM
2 moms liked this

Ugh, it's too early for the stupidity that the OP is spewing.  Of course, she has to be Anon because she's too ashamed to use her real screen name.  I would be too with ignorant thoughts like that.

I refuse to let anybody bring me down about working.  My husband and I like the extra money that comes in.. we are financially stable and comfortable.  We can give our daughters whatever we want to give them and don't have to struggle just to come up with something for dinner.  I don't want to limit us financially, and not to mention, just because I'm a mom doesn't mean I have to give up things that I like doing or give up my identity.  I was a person before my children came around and I'm still a person after.

Quoting LyTe684:

LOL Right? Because the definition of parenting is staying with them 24/7. *NOTE SARCASM* Never mind making sure they have food, clothes, a roof over their heads, insurance, etc. As long as you stay home, you're the best. It has NOTNING to do with the financial aspect of PARENTING. LMAO

Quoting Abby.N.Amys.Mom:

Excuse me, but no, I don't feel like a "part time parent" and it was NOT pointless to have children.  Just because I work doesn't mean I shouldn't have children.  You are so friggin narrow minded it's pathetic. Enjoy your ignorance, it makes you look like a moron.

SuDoNim
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:00 AM

I must be a really crappy mom then, as my youngest will be in full-time daycare next year, even though my husband works from home. 

LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:00 AM

lol Yeah. I agree..

Quoting Abby.N.Amys.Mom:

Ugh, it's too early for the stupidity that the OP is spewing.  Of course, she has to be Anon because she's too ashamed to use her real screen name.  I would be too with ignorant thoughts like that.

I refuse to let anybody bring me down about working.  My husband and I like the extra money that comes in.. we are financially stable and comfortable.  We can give our daughters whatever we want to give them and don't have to struggle just to come up with something for dinner.  I don't want to limit us financially, and not to mention, just because I'm a mom doesn't mean I have to give up things that I like doing or give up my identity.  I was a person before my children came around and I'm still a person after.

Quoting LyTe684:

Quoting Abby.N.Amys.Mom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Quoting LyTe684:

No answer huh? Not surprised. LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LyTe684:

Okay. Let me try and answer your post then as best I can.

No, I don't feel guilty. I am providing for my children. There are parents that are home with their kids all day and still suck at parenting. Being with ones kids 24/7 does not make a good parent.

ETA: What about those parents that stay home and can't afford it? Should they keep having kids, even though they can't afford them, JUST because they spend 24/7 with them?

What about the parents that stay home but suck at parenting?

Why should ones that are willing to PROVIDE for their kids be the only ones that 'shouldn't have them', as you say?

I'm asking about one specific subset of parents.

I'm not answering A) because none of the questions you asked are relevant to this specific post. Start your own thread if you'd like and B) I can tell it annoys you.

-BX-
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this

i dont need to add anything, i dont care. but u hide behind anon, learn how not to be a pussy.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting -BX-:

pointless to have kids? do u think everyone is born with a silver fucking spoon in their mouths and can afford to stay home? maybe it was pointless for you to have kids bc if they are as judgemental as you, then we are screwed

They see their children 2 hours 5 of 7 days a week.  I'm questioning why someone would have -another- child when they never see the other 2.

Also, ad hominem.  Learn it, live it.

singlemom1208
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:01 AM
I don't ever feel like a part time parent. I love being a working mom. I have a wonderful relationship with my ds and we have a very strong bond.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN