Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Kids in FT Daycare

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Moms, if your children are in daycare full time, do you feel like you miss out on a lot?  That you don't see your kids enough?  That you're only a part time parent, if that?  That, maybe, it was pointless to have kids, as you see them so little?

We're friends with a couple who wants to have their third child. Their other two children are in daycare 50-55 hours each week.  I don't get the point of having another child that they'd never see.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Regarding kids in school- they aren't there for 11 hours daily, usually.  This couple drops their DDs off at 7:00am and picks them up at 6:00pm, occasionally 5:00pm.

EDIT 2: I see that some of you "ladies" have chosen to attack me personally instead of answering the above questions.  Stop being so easily offended.  If you have something valid to add about the topic, please do. Calling me judgemental or a bitch, and saying it's none of my business isn't adding anything to the conversation, whether or not it's true.  You're saying it just to make yourselves feel better.  Maybe you could actually try answering the questions?  

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:40 PM
24 moms liked this
So would think its better for one parent to stay home and then they have to get food stamp and Medicaid? There is nothing wrong parents working to support their family a still wanting to expand their family.

I am a SAHM right now but I have been a working mom too! Yes I missed my ds while I was a work but it didn't make me any less of a mom than I am now staying at home.
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:41 PM
38 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Redwoods_Mama:

You asked where the judgement is.  Right there in bold.

Quoting Anonymous:

Moms, if your children are in daycare full time, do you feel like you miss out on a lot?  That you don't see your kids enough?  That you're only a part time parent, if that?  That, maybe, it was pointless to have kids, as you see them so little?

We're friends with a couple who wants to have their third child. Their other two children are in daycare 50-55 hours each week.  I don't get the point of having another child that they'd never see.

Thoughts?

Silly me.  I thought those were questions.

Passive agressive questions laced with judgement.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Redwoods_Mama:

Quoting Anonymous:

Thoughts?

Nope.  Take the questions literally, not personally.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:46 PM
5 moms liked this

You could say the same about kids in school.  Why do you send your kids to school-that makes you a part time parent doesn't it?

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:47 PM
8 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Redwoods_Mama:

Quoting Anonymous:

Thoughts?

Nope.  Take the questions literally, not personally.

Considering you have no idea if I'm a SAHM or a working mom, why do you assume I took your questions personally?  It's quite obvious how you feel on the subject, based on your questions.

savannahmom2011
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:48 PM
8 moms liked this

im a stay at home mom but send my child to daycare full time so 1 i can get a break and clean

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:49 PM

then how does this rationale not apply with school-aged kids?  they are in school full time which means you "won't see them".  then maybe no one should have kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:49 PM
17 moms liked this

My son started full time daycare at 14 weeks. I've never felt like a part time mom and I've never felt like I was missing out.  Does your husband feel like it's pointless to have had kids since he works full-time?  I would think not.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this
This!

Quoting taminick32:

I think the same my DH have always worked opposite shifts so a parent is always home. I also don't like paying to work.
itsm3
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:51 PM
14 moms liked this
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN