Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Kids in FT Daycare

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Moms, if your children are in daycare full time, do you feel like you miss out on a lot?  That you don't see your kids enough?  That you're only a part time parent, if that?  That, maybe, it was pointless to have kids, as you see them so little?

We're friends with a couple who wants to have their third child. Their other two children are in daycare 50-55 hours each week.  I don't get the point of having another child that they'd never see.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Regarding kids in school- they aren't there for 11 hours daily, usually.  This couple drops their DDs off at 7:00am and picks them up at 6:00pm, occasionally 5:00pm.

EDIT 2: I see that some of you "ladies" have chosen to attack me personally instead of answering the above questions.  Stop being so easily offended.  If you have something valid to add about the topic, please do. Calling me judgemental or a bitch, and saying it's none of my business isn't adding anything to the conversation, whether or not it's true.  You're saying it just to make yourselves feel better.  Maybe you could actually try answering the questions?  

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Replies (131-140):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:40 AM

I make 105K a year and for a licensed 5 star daycare - I pay 470 every 2 weeks.  I most certainly make enough to cover that.  not everyone is just scraping by

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah it's kinda silly really unless you're "straight ballin" because daycare cost sooooo much money (at least where I am) and If I were to work full-time like DH, then we would be missing out on $2000 per month (for a newborn or toddler) and that ain't happening! BUT! It seems to work for some families! I'm not against it....just won't be happening in my house ;)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 23 on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this
My mom comes over to my house everyday. My kids have no idea what a daycare is. She comes at 5:15 am and usually leaves at 3:30. Im miss being with my kids but I have to work I don't have a choice. My mom is an awesome lady;-)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 23 on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Okay
???????

Quoting Anonymous:

I make 105K a year and for a licensed 5 star daycare - I pay 470 every 2 weeks.  I most certainly make enough to cover that.  not everyone is just scraping by

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah it's kinda silly really unless you're "straight ballin" because daycare cost sooooo much money (at least where I am) and If I were to work full-time like DH, then we would be missing out on $2000 per month (for a newborn or toddler) and that ain't happening! BUT! It seems to work for some families! I'm not against it....just won't be happening in my house ;)

MommyBear28
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this

My kids have never been in daycare! I worked before I had kids but after my first was born I became a sahm. When all of my kids are in school full day, then ill go back to work! But no daycare! I don't like daycare! 

SiriSilasMom
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:45 AM
2 moms liked this

My thoughts?!? Are for you to 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:45 AM

Quoting LyTe684:

Okay. Let me try and answer your post then as best I can.

No, I don't feel guilty. I am providing for my children. There are parents that are home with their kids all day and still suck at parenting. Being with ones kids 24/7 does not make a good parent.

ETA: What about those parents that stay home and can't afford it? Should they keep having kids, even though they can't afford them, JUST because they spend 24/7 with them?

What about the parents that stay home but suck at parenting?

Why should ones that are willing to PROVIDE for their kids be the only ones that 'shouldn't have them', as you say?

I'm asking about one specific subset of parents.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 24 on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm a sahm, but this post is so cunty and dripping with condescension it's ridiculous.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:47 AM

okay what, people are saying that why would you spend your whole salary on daycare and like I said, some people are above the poverty level and can afford to send their kids without breaking the bank.  not sure what your response meant as I was replying to the person I quoted. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Okay
???????

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:47 AM

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

Clearly you do... Enough so to make an anon post about your "friends" and their personal parenting choices on a website without their knowledge. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

Ehh it's not your family or kids so why do you care so much?

I don't care "so much".

No, clearly *you* do.

They're a couple my husband went to college with- not exactly my BFFs.

The post doesn't mention they're names.  You may want to take your advice below.

LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:47 AM

No answer huh? Not surprised. LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LyTe684:

Okay. Let me try and answer your post then as best I can.

No, I don't feel guilty. I am providing for my children. There are parents that are home with their kids all day and still suck at parenting. Being with ones kids 24/7 does not make a good parent.

ETA: What about those parents that stay home and can't afford it? Should they keep having kids, even though they can't afford them, JUST because they spend 24/7 with them?

What about the parents that stay home but suck at parenting?

Why should ones that are willing to PROVIDE for their kids be the only ones that 'shouldn't have them', as you say?

I'm asking about one specific subset of parents.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN