Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Kids in FT Daycare

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Moms, if your children are in daycare full time, do you feel like you miss out on a lot?  That you don't see your kids enough?  That you're only a part time parent, if that?  That, maybe, it was pointless to have kids, as you see them so little?

We're friends with a couple who wants to have their third child. Their other two children are in daycare 50-55 hours each week.  I don't get the point of having another child that they'd never see.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Regarding kids in school- they aren't there for 11 hours daily, usually.  This couple drops their DDs off at 7:00am and picks them up at 6:00pm, occasionally 5:00pm.

EDIT 2: I see that some of you "ladies" have chosen to attack me personally instead of answering the above questions.  Stop being so easily offended.  If you have something valid to add about the topic, please do. Calling me judgemental or a bitch, and saying it's none of my business isn't adding anything to the conversation, whether or not it's true.  You're saying it just to make yourselves feel better.  Maybe you could actually try answering the questions?  

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Replies (1351-1360):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 194 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:26 PM

I pity you.  Your time will come to be judged.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 195 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:29 PM

do you feel like you miss out on a lot? Not really bc there is so much more to life than constantly up their little tushies

That you don't see your kids enough? Yes, because the family time is more quality time seeing someone 24/7

That you're only a part time parent, if that? It was said before that it takes a village to raise a child, so yeah that answers that.

That, maybe, it was pointless to have kids, as you see them so little? Nope, bc the time that is spent with them is more meaningful and is a better quality of time.

Okay those answered so I can BITCH now =D

1.) Not your family, nor your business. I am sure your "friend" can judge you all day long too.

2.) If the family wants 5 more children that is their right to do so. Again refer to #1

3.) How do you know what benefits the children had received from being in a daycare. Most daycare places teaches children a daily lesson's they follow by.

4.) Refer to #1

5.) It is the same as a longer school day except more play time with their friends. They learn to be more independant earlier rather than waiting to learn at 5 years old. 

Again if anything is confusing you refer to #1.

See you questions were ansered and given you what all others think as well ;)

MicheleJM
by Phoenix on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:34 PM
People are probably attacking because your questions seem judgmental. You could have just said "how do you feel about daycare?" But you said do you feel like a part time parent? Its a leading question, and furthermore you are judging your friends. And also some moms feel guilty about daycare so of course they will be defensive. This is a very hot issue...you must have known drama was coming unless its your first post ever.

Quoting Anonymous:

Moms, if your children are in daycare full time, do you feel like you miss out on a lot?  That you don't see your kids enough?  That you're only a part time parent, if that?  That, maybe, it was pointless to have kids, as you see them so little?

We're friends with a couple who wants to have their third child. Their other two children are in daycare 50-55 hours each week.  I don't get the point of having another child that they'd never see.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Regarding kids in school- they aren't there for 11 hours daily, usually.  This couple drops their DDs off at 7:00am and picks them up at 6:00pm, occasionally 5:00pm.

EDIT 2: I see that some of you "ladies" have chosen to attack me personally instead of answering the above questions.  Stop being so easily offended.  If you have something valid to add about the topic, please do. Calling me judgemental or a bitch, and saying it's none of my business isn't adding anything to the conversation, whether or not it's true.  You're saying it just to make yourselves feel better.  Maybe you could actually try answering the questions?  

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this
She's wrong. I didn't "like" the post. ;)

Quoting Evan1212:

R u sure u found out who the original poster is????? R u sure??? Wat if I am the poster wud u be like WTF? It cud be anyone who is defending this post. Think about that bfore u go and say that can't read my message I'll write it out for u.

Are you sure you found out who the original poster is?????? Are you sure??? What if I am the poster would you be like What The Fuck? It could be anyone who is defending this post. Think about that before you go and say that. Can't read my message I'll write it out for you.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's no wonder you haven't added any friends yet. Your so closed minded . Only a narcissist would like her own post. Yep I know who you are silly girl.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 196 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:20 PM
I suppose you're also anti abortion right? Don't kill your baby, but you don't have the right to do what you need to do to support your family.

I have to work full time in order to pay the bills and support my daughter. I don't have any support system where I live, I'm doing all of this on my own. No, I shouldn't have had a child when I wasn't ready. But it wasn't planned, and I wasn't going to kill my baby because of a mistake I made.

I love my daughter more than anything, but I have to do what I have to do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:25 PM
You're not remotely like the people I was describing. Your situation is completely different. No need to be so defensive.

Quoting Anonymous:

I suppose you're also anti abortion right? Don't kill your baby, but you don't have the right to do what you need to do to support your family.

I have to work full time in order to pay the bills and support my daughter. I don't have any support system where I live, I'm doing all of this on my own. No, I shouldn't have had a child when I wasn't ready. But it wasn't planned, and I wasn't going to kill my baby because of a mistake I made.

I love my daughter more than anything, but I have to do what I have to do.

zebra99
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:34 PM

I wish my SO could be a stay at home dad so we wouldn't have to pay for day care but he can't because he'll be violating his court order if he does.

koolmaa
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Well....of course I forgot music classes and story time before bed time because I dont fcknn know u and If u are offended about my comment u must be feeling guilty.... I kn everything about sacrifices and good parenting...so if  U are doing a dam great job, U don't have to explain shit like u just did...She asked a question I answered it....too bad u got offended sweety!

Quoting zandra260:

I have no idea how to raise a child? Get home fees them (I assume you mean feed them) n out them to bed (put them to bed??). Funny, you managed to leave out the music class and story hour I take my son to. You forgot about all the books we read before bed, or the half an hour we dance to music in the morning before we go to daycare. Oh, I guess you left all that out because you don't know my situation. Only your own. And by the way - there is nothing "easy" about working full time OR putting my child in daycare. But a good, responsible parent needs to make tough decisions sometimes. I guess I do know how to raise a child after all.

Quoting koolmaa:

I totally agree with u.... These parents have no clue of how to raise a child so it's easier to just let someone else's take care of them... Get home fees them n out them in bed.... Terrible!✌

j3st3r
by Jedi on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Yeah because calling mommas part time parents won't elicit rage. Lay off your friend and raise your own kids.
mommy053008
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:15 PM
I know kids who go to school their parents would drop them off st before care at 7am (when it opened) and would pick then up in after at 6pm (when it closed) they had triplets. They saw their kids even less than most daycare kids. I felt sorry for them they put them to bed at 730 also.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)