Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Kids in FT Daycare

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Moms, if your children are in daycare full time, do you feel like you miss out on a lot?  That you don't see your kids enough?  That you're only a part time parent, if that?  That, maybe, it was pointless to have kids, as you see them so little?

We're friends with a couple who wants to have their third child. Their other two children are in daycare 50-55 hours each week.  I don't get the point of having another child that they'd never see.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Regarding kids in school- they aren't there for 11 hours daily, usually.  This couple drops their DDs off at 7:00am and picks them up at 6:00pm, occasionally 5:00pm.

EDIT 2: I see that some of you "ladies" have chosen to attack me personally instead of answering the above questions.  Stop being so easily offended.  If you have something valid to add about the topic, please do. Calling me judgemental or a bitch, and saying it's none of my business isn't adding anything to the conversation, whether or not it's true.  You're saying it just to make yourselves feel better.  Maybe you could actually try answering the questions?  

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Replies (171-180):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Abby.N.Amys.Mom:

And I bet your shit smells like roses too.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LilyofPhilly:

So? He's still working! Or does he let your kids interrupt him all day long for cuddles and Candy Land games?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LyTe684:

I see you skipped right over her last question though. Just saying.....

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LilyofPhilly:

Most kids aren't in daycare for 11 hours a day. But just what is the cut off for full time or part time parenting? Let me guess-the length of a school day? I homeschooled, so I guess I'm even more of a parent than you! And is your husband a part time parent?

Your children aren't in daycare, so you're not who I'm talking to.

I skipped over the last question because it doesn't apply.  My husband very often works from home.  

He's around our daughter very much during the day, yes.

My feces, in fact, smell like feces. 

Eagle293
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Yes what the hell is wrong with you. Why don't you homeschool. *note sarcasm*

Quoting Anonymous:

I guess since my 2 DD's go to school all day, that makes me only a part time parent as well?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:08 AM

I know. That's why she won't answer any questions. LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL!

OP thinks that she can ask the question without anyone judging simply because she "innocently" asked.  It's just another judging post about working parents versus stay at home parents.

Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:08 AM
2 moms liked this

No, I'm a full time parent.  Get your head out of your ass.  I bust my ass at work to provide my daughters with everything they need so they don't go without.  I could stay at home and let them starve.  Going out and providing a living for them is being a parent.  In fact, it's GREAT parenting because I refuse to settle in life and let the government raise my children and feed them.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Abby.N.Amys.Mom:

Excuse me, but no, I don't feel like a "part time parent" and it was NOT pointless to have children.  Just because I work doesn't mean I shouldn't have children.  You are so friggin narrow minded it's pathetic. Enjoy your ignorance, it makes you look like a moron.

You literally ARE a part time parent, though.

Ad hominem.  Learn it, live it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Quoting -BX-:

i dont need to add anything, i dont care. but u hide behind anon, learn how not to be a pussy.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting -BX-:

pointless to have kids? do u think everyone is born with a silver fucking spoon in their mouths and can afford to stay home? maybe it was pointless for you to have kids bc if they are as judgemental as you, then we are screwed

They see their children 2 hours 5 of 7 days a week.  I'm questioning why someone would have -another- child when they never see the other 2.

Also, ad hominem.  Learn it, live it.

Oh, you thought I said "add".  Too funny.

LilyofPhilly
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:09 AM
What, do their kids sleep 12 hours a night? And what about weekends? My guess is they're out having a blast, since their parents can afford to buy nice things fir them and take them to fun places.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

If you don't care so much as you have stated in the replies, why even bother "contemplating" this.

You are couching your judgment in the guise of an "innocent" question in the hopes of getting validation on how you feel and your opinions on it just to make yourself feel better and more superior to your friend.  That's wrong and petty.

They are providing for their children and trying to give them the best they can by working.  If they can make it work and the children are not suffering for it, then who are you to judge them?  Who are you to say "maybe you should re-think having a third child because you're not a real parent since you put your kids in daycare FT?"  It's obvious that you are in the group that thinks that parents who work don't really parent and aren't real parents to their kids.  Being home with your child all day does not always equate to being a good parent.  There are plenty of crappy and mediocre parents who stay home with their kids all day. 

Their children are in daycare 11 hours a day.  The only time they have is feeding them and putting them to bed 5 nights each week.

Ad hominem really has nothing to do with the questions I asked.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Well then, I guess you're no better than anybody else.  Everyone's shit stinks.  Remember that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Abby.N.Amys.Mom:

And I bet your shit smells like roses too.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LilyofPhilly:

So? He's still working! Or does he let your kids interrupt him all day long for cuddles and Candy Land games?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LyTe684:

I see you skipped right over her last question though. Just saying.....

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LilyofPhilly:

Most kids aren't in daycare for 11 hours a day. But just what is the cut off for full time or part time parenting? Let me guess-the length of a school day? I homeschooled, so I guess I'm even more of a parent than you! And is your husband a part time parent?

Your children aren't in daycare, so you're not who I'm talking to.

I skipped over the last question because it doesn't apply.  My husband very often works from home.  

He's around our daughter very much during the day, yes.

My feces, in fact, smell like feces. 

macbudsmom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:10 AM

So anytime you are not with your kid, you are not a parent?  What about those who have shared custody?  Are they less than a parent as well?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:10 AM
2 moms liked this

She's invoking ad hominem as a way to go around it.  She put in her judgment statement in her original post and expected people to just ignore it and not point it out.

Quoting LyTe684:

I know. That's why she won't answer any questions. LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL!

OP thinks that she can ask the question without anyone judging simply because she "innocently" asked.  It's just another judging post about working parents versus stay at home parents.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 25 on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:10 AM
And you're asking these questions because? If you're not thinking about putting your child in daycare what's it to you what other women do to take care of their family
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)