Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Kids in FT Daycare

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Moms, if your children are in daycare full time, do you feel like you miss out on a lot?  That you don't see your kids enough?  That you're only a part time parent, if that?  That, maybe, it was pointless to have kids, as you see them so little?

We're friends with a couple who wants to have their third child. Their other two children are in daycare 50-55 hours each week.  I don't get the point of having another child that they'd never see.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Regarding kids in school- they aren't there for 11 hours daily, usually.  This couple drops their DDs off at 7:00am and picks them up at 6:00pm, occasionally 5:00pm.

EDIT 2: I see that some of you "ladies" have chosen to attack me personally instead of answering the above questions.  Stop being so easily offended.  If you have something valid to add about the topic, please do. Calling me judgemental or a bitch, and saying it's none of my business isn't adding anything to the conversation, whether or not it's true.  You're saying it just to make yourselves feel better.  Maybe you could actually try answering the questions?  

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Replies (31-40):
thetrollcat
by Meow on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:03 PM
5 moms liked this

I think if people want to have multiple kids one parent should work at least part time so someone can RAISE the kid. This is what we did. My kids have never been in daycare before the age of four and never full time, ever.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:04 PM
4 moms liked this

Yeah it's kinda silly really unless you're "straight ballin" because daycare cost sooooo much money (at least where I am) and If I were to work full-time like DH, then we would be missing out on $2000 per month (for a newborn or toddler) and that ain't happening! BUT! It seems to work for some families! I'm not against it....just won't be happening in my house ;)

o.0
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:05 PM
3 moms liked this
I am a working mom. Both my boys were in the same daycare. My youngest is now 16. His best friend is a kid he went to daycare with. The daycare provider was and still is a good friend of mine. I saw all their firsts, took care of them when they were sick. I missed them, but knew they were having a blast and also meeting lifelong friends.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
xtina8817
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:05 PM
2 moms liked this
Mines is in full time but not 11 hrs a day, and I have nights and weekends off :-) We see each other plenty and she comes home, cuddles in bed with me and tells me aaaaallll about her day and her new friends.
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Well thank goodness we decided to be one and done then!

Quoting thetrollcat:

I think if people want to have multiple kids one parent should work at least part time so someone can RAISE the kid. This is what we did. My kids have never been in daycare before the age of four and never full time, ever.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:08 PM
4 moms liked this
Quoting Sagely:

:-/

Just because you don't understand something, doesn't mean there's something wrong. Could simply be a problem with your comprehension skills.

I work anywhere from 50-80 hours a week. My daughter not only receives lots of love from her mommy, but from her daddy, her teachers, and anyone else who helps her grow into the amazing, successful woman she will become.

And we are SO excited to welcome our second child this summer.

Is she in daycare 50-80 hours a week?

Nice attempt at insulting me. Really, strong work. Bravo!
xtina8817
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Quoting thetrollcat:

Depends on the job. SO and I both work full time but my hrs are 5am-2pm and he doesn't go in til 11. She's in daycare from 9-3ish depending on if I need to nap first or not lol so full time works for us, but if I didn't have the option to do such early shifts, I wouldn't work full time either
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:11 PM
2 moms liked this
I pay $400 per month for FT daycare for my 22 month old.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah it's kinda silly really unless you're "straight ballin" because daycare cost sooooo much money (at least where I am) and If I were to work full-time like DH, then we would be missing out on $2000 per month (for a newborn or toddler) and that ain't happening! BUT! It seems to work for some families! I'm not against it....just won't be happening in my house ;)

Sagely
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:13 PM
7 moms liked this
Of course not. She spends at least half of that at home by herself.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Sagely:

:-/

Just because you don't understand something, doesn't mean there's something wrong. Could simply be a problem with your comprehension skills.

I work anywhere from 50-80 hours a week. My daughter not only receives lots of love from her mommy, but from her daddy, her teachers, and anyone else who helps her grow into the amazing, successful woman she will become.

And we are SO excited to welcome our second child this summer.

Is she in daycare 50-80 hours a week?

Nice attempt at insulting me. Really, strong work. Bravo!
sarahfire
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:15 PM
I don't feel like I've missed a lot of my kids lived due to daycare at all. I've been there for all their major milestones. I work in order to provide a better life for my children. My toddler is in an awesome daycare, he is well taken care of and loved by his teachers, and well taken care of and very much loved by his parents as well. We don't regret having our children one minute.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN