Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You Arn't a Real Mom Unless....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 69 Replies
2 moms liked this

Are you one of those moms that feels as though a mom isn't a "real" mom until she has had several kids?  

Would you ever think/say something along the lines of, "Your not a real mom until you have had another kid." or, "This is your first, wait until you have more and then you can advise me."...

I noticed several moms here have this condesending attitude, as well as my SIL, that a mom is some how less of a mom for only having one child and that they just dont qualify unless they have had more.  

My SIL went so far as to tell me that I have no idea what being a real mother is like because I have one child, I have it easy, that I havn't a clue what its like.

Well excuse me for responsible family planning.  As though a mother isn't a mother until she is at her wits end unable to control any part of her life crawling with children.  Thats bullshit.  

While im fully able to admit one child is easier than 2,3,4,5,6+ children (though ive been told two is easier than one because they entertain eachother), im not willing to have my MOM label stripped of me because ive chosen to not run myself ragged.  

Seems to me like bitter jealousy more than anything else.  Im not saying mothers of many dont love or thoroughly enjoy their families, im sure they do...but the ones that seem to have this attitude obviously have some kind of a problem with a mother of one claiming to be a mother at all.  

Did any of the mothers of many think that its quite possibly she is a fantastic mother and would totally be able to handle a dozen children, but simply chose not to?  Being a mother of one does not mean she is any less of a mom than a mother of several.  

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amybarnhart11
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:48 PM
5 moms liked this

No that's just pure ignorance. A mother is a mother regardless how many children she has given birth to.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:48 PM

BUMP!

Ninjabubble
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this
If you birthed a baby or adopted a baby, yes you are a real mom. You don't need multiple children to be a mom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Delila12
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:49 PM
LOL. No. Its always something, ain't it?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:49 PM
You don't need multiple kids but I still had hearing some mom with a 1 month old giving me the once over about all this experience they have. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Have you run into any of the type of mothers im talking about?  Its not just me that noticed right?  

Quoting Amybarnhart11:

No that's just pure ignorance. A mother is a mother regardless how many children she has given birth to.

mich.el.le
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:50 PM
2 moms liked this

People just like to think they're better and have it harder. 

Whoever told you 2 is easier than one is NUTS though. :)

lowencope
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:50 PM
I don't think that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyMommy24
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:50 PM

This has to make the top list of most asinine things I have ever read. I'm a mom just fine with my two girls, I don't need a whole herd to complete my motherhood. 

Do people really talk like this? Really?

PinkButterfly66
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Somebody is jealous that you only have one kid.  But believe me, sometimes that one kid is quite enough.  I have a strong willed kid and she was almost more than I could handle when she was little. And after experiencing pregancy and delivery, I wasn't going to do that again.  Been there, done that, have the t-shirt!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured