Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

help with accident claim! !!

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:51 PM
  • 25 Replies
Has anyone been in a fender bender with no air bag deployment and had serious neck/back injuries? ! Just wondering b/c a woman I bumped from behind is trying to say she has a slipped disc and another problem from an accident from over a year ago, and I just don't know much about this since I've never been in an accident before
Thanks for any help
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy2lexinmark
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Bump!
kthruz143
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:56 PM

BUMP!

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:56 PM

You can get whiplash, but a slipped disc I'd question that.  Insurance companies are inclined to settle and not fight it though.

MrsRobinson06
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Your adjuster will settle with her. They will see her prior injury when they run the index and take that into consideration.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:57 PM

I had 2 vert in my neck broken in an accident that the airbags didn't deploy. It depends on the body of the person you hit. No I didn't sue anyone.

mommy2lexinmark
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Ok I'm really hoping she doesn't sue :( she was so nice and even said it wasn't my fault. ... no fault found on police report

Also do u know if anyone in the other car was injured?

Quoting ColleenF30:

I had 2 vert in my neck broken in an accident that the airbags didn't deploy. It depends on the body of the person you hit. No I didn't sue anyone.

littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:59 PM

My DHs sister had a lot of back problems BEFORE she got hit and said it didn't start until after the accident and she sued them with one of those thieving lawyers and everything. I'm so glad we don't talk to his family anymore.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:00 PM

It really depends of where the impact is on the car for airbags to deploy, airbags deploying aren't an accurate measure of injury. I was involved in an accident that completely ripped my car in half, and no airbags deployed. Its not something you should worry too much about though, your insurance will likely just settle with her, and even if she does sue, it will again be your insurance she'll have to go through.

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:01 PM

One case of whiplash (the driver of my car). Person who hit us was fine, and so was the person in my backseat. I took the worst because of a calcium deficiency.

Quoting mommy2lexinmark:

Ok I'm really hoping she doesn't sue :( she was so nice and even said it wasn't my fault. ... no fault found on police report

Also do u know if anyone in the other car was injured?

Quoting ColleenF30:

mommy2lexinmark
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Omg so she won?? I'm so scared, and I just don't see how she could have gotten these injuries
I had my infant and 5 yr old son in the car and went to the hospital to make sure they were not hurt and we had no injuries what so ever

Quoting littlesippycup:

My DHs sister had a lot of back problems BEFORE she got hit and said it didn't start until after the accident and she sued them with one of those thieving lawyers and everything. I'm so glad we don't talk to his family anymore.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN