Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Your taxes did not "GO UP"...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

The tax BREAKS ended. It was a break, it was meant to be temporary, now its over and you're paying what you were before the tax break went into effect. You got a deal for a few years and now that deal has expired. Get over it, if you didn't know it was going to happen then that's your own fault for not researching the cuts when they went into effect.

This constant bitching is getting old... if you get a good deal at the grocery store one day, then go back and the sale is over, do you bitch about the grocery store trying to ruin your life for ending the deal? No, because that would be stupid... same thing with the tax breaks.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
soon2bmomof3619
by Tinkerbell on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:02 PM
2 moms liked this

Well taxes did go up for people that started working after the tax break was in effect, but I see your point.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Quoting soon2bmomof3619:

Well taxes did go up for people that started working after the tax break was in effect, but I see your point.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Eh, it still sucks losing $200 a month, no matter how, who or what happened
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Oh trust me, I more than understand that, but people are acting like they have no idea that it was just a break... its like everyone thought it would last forever or something. Its just getting old seeing everyone try to place blame. We got a good deal for a while, we should be grateful for that and accept that it has expired.

Quoting Anonymous:

Redwoods_Mama
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this

This is a democracy, and I believe the government should be below the people, as was originally intended.

So no, I am not "grateful" that more is being taken out of my pocket for pet projects, lobbyists, and massive overspending.  Not at all.

Tell you what, I will take $100 ou of your pocket every month to spend however I please.  Then, the next twelve months I will take fifty.  Be grateful, right?

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh trust me, I more than understand that, but people are acting like they have no idea that it was just a break... its like everyone thought it would last forever or something. Its just getting old seeing everyone try to place blame. We got a good deal for a while, we should be grateful for that and accept that it has expired.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:11 PM
Ok
katemckenzie
by Kate on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:11 PM

I had no idea that there was a break in the first place. I only started working this past year. So to me, they went up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this
This is a republic, not a democracy.

Everything you said is moot, because you don't even know what kind of govt we have. Stop trying to act like you know anything, lol.

Quoting Redwoods_Mama:

This is a democracy, and I believe the government should be below the people, as was originally intended.

So no, I am not "grateful" that more is being taken out of my pocket for pet projects, lobbyists, and massive overspending.  Not at all.

Tell you what, I will take $100 ou of your pocket every month to spend however I please.  Then, the next twelve months I will take fifty.  Be grateful, right?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

acrogodess
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:13 PM

clappingThank you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:16 PM

No you're right, damn the roads we drive on, the schools, the scientific and medical research, the police, the fire fighters, the paramedics, the starving children, the dying children, college education and myriad of other "pet projects" that your taxes pay for. lol 

Quoting Redwoods_Mama:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)