Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Child support question.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
If they are behind $900 will they take taxes to cover it? I didn't realize that DSs dad was so far behind till I called the hotline. I remember my mom saying that they used to take my dads taxes to pay his child support since he was so far behind. Do they still do that? Not that it matters one way or the other just curious.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MrsShipley21
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Yeah I believe they do. You should call child support so you can have his i.d taken and they can even put out a bench warrent for him

Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:59 PM
As long as its in their system. I don't know how to explain but as long as child support is fully aware they're behind.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momof3jam
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:00 PM

I'm not sure how far behind they have to be, or whether you have to file it with the court or not. But a guy I work with has had every tax return for the past 3 years taken away. He was finally caught up this past year with $100 left on his return for himself. This will be his first year that he gets his entire return.

Douches.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:03 PM
I really don't want to cause problems with his dad. We get along so I don't want to stir things up. Actually we don't really talk, we live 4 hrs away. DS hasn't seen his dad since right before thanksgiving. He will be going to his house for spring break in march.

Quoting MrsShipley21:

Yeah I believe they do. You should call child support so you can have his i.d taken and they can even put out a bench warrent for him

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN