Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

poor ER treatment

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies
Ok i posted last night i really need advice. my bf has had bad pancreas attacks and has been in the hospital multiple times for it , kept for up to two weeks. Well for the past solid 4 days at the least he has been in horrible pain from it, pretty much couch ridden at time and would only be able to walk if he crouched over. his blood pressue up, feeling sick to his stomach..all that. He doesnt have insurance. well finially last night he couldnt take the pain and i dropped him off at the ER around 7 (i had to get my son to bed). well the doctors treated him like shit because he has a past of using drugs (he doesnt anymore). they told him they didnt wanna give him pain meds, wrote him off saying its just scar tissue and non of his levels are elevated. His upper right stomach under the ribs is tender and i am wprried its his galbladder. we are thinking of trying a diff hospital today and i am gonna go with. they brushed him off i am really upset because he is in pain. he doesnt have a general dr he can just whisk into! what do we do..they didnt refer him or anything thwy treatex hin like a drug seeking scum bag and he IS NOT
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hnjen12
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:14 PM
2 moms liked this
Report the er. That isn't right
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:21 PM
I know that is too much pain for "scar tissue". and they wouldnt hardly do anything something is causing pain he need some relief and help here! i am going with this time i am gonna get some clear cut answers

Quoting hnjen12:

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:22 PM
1 mom liked this

File a complaint with your State Medical Board. Go to another ER

Quoting hnjen12:

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I am sorry about his pain. ER bills are expensive, so if you don't have insurance how are you paying for them??

helema24
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:22 PM

report the hospital tell the one you went to how much pain hes in (they can see that by the way he walks i know cause i had that when my gullbladder went septic) and tell them he NEEDS to be treated and no tturned away!! you need to sit with him and vouch for him because then theres a witness they cant walk all over AND sence you are there they CANT just write him off or face liability.

power bitch slap internetMuslim Cat prays towards Mecca. LoL by: wirgylovesamletoandshayaprofessor cat. replySPOCK'S MILKSHAKE[]

CM_Junkie
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Go to another er
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HippiePotpie
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:26 PM

I have been clean for 6 years, and I don't tell Dr's about my past drug use. They will not treat you the same. Even health care professionals can be judgmental asshats. I would report the ER and the Dr. Sorry I hope you find him some relief!

kfroz0415
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this

File a complaint and try to find a GP. ER and Urgent Care doctor's are always going to be leery that he is looking for drugs. It sucks, but they have to be cautious too. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:28 PM
Take him to another ER. Dont listen to ppl who ask how you are going to pay. If its an emergency thats the last thing you should be worried about.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this
We arent married so its not me and idk he has many bills from the ER and he almost died once someone tried to kill him and he stayed almost a month for that and got a hefty bill for that almost half a mil all together its tough but that wasnt my question...we will figure it out and maybe find a dr who will help but thats hard with no insurance

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

I am sorry about his pain. ER bills are expensive, so if you don't have insurance how are you paying for them??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)