Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you don't believe in creationism.....

Posted by   + Show Post

What do you believe in regards to the origin of humanity and/or the earth?

This is not a bash post so please do not come here making snide comments and childish remarks. I want this to be an educational dialogue. I am truly interested in what people think about how we came to be. Big Bang? Evolution? Why do you believe it?

eta- please read my reply on pg 8 after you post. 

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:59 PM
10 moms liked this
Our whole universe was in a hot dense state, Then nearly fourteen billion years ago expansion started. Wait... The Earth began to cool, The autotrophs began to drool, Neanderthals developed tools, We built a wall (we built the pyramids), Math, science, history, unraveling the mysteries, That all started with the big bang!

"Since the dawn of man" is really not that long, As every galaxy was formed in less time than it takes to sing this song. A fraction of a second and the elements were made. The bipeds stood up straight, The dinosaurs all met their fate, They tried to leap but they were late And they all died (they froze their asses off) The oceans and Pangea See ya wouldn't wanna be ya Set in motion by the same big bang!

It all started with the big BANG!

It's expanding ever outward but one day It will pause and start to go the other way. Collapsing ever inward, we won't be here, it won't be heard Our best and brightest figure that it'll make an even bigger bang!

Australopithecus would really have been sick of us Debating how we're here, they're catching deer (we're catching viruses) Religion or astronomy (Descartes or Deuteronomy) It all started with the big bang!

Music and mythology, Einstein and astrology It all started with the big bang! It all started with the big BANG!
nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:00 PM

I believe in the Big Bang theory and evolution. And I believe in those things because they make sense. Religion does not. I believe in science, not blind faith.

Liyoness
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:08 PM
A combination of everything and nothing.
Aliens (gods), Big Bang, evolution, and other things that are yet to be thought of/realized or explained.
A dream within a dream of a dream of a dream.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TinaNicu
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:09 PM
So the general consensus is Big Bang and evolution?
Sekirei
by LoKitty on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Not the Abrahamic creation story, but a completely different one..plus, evolution

TinaNicu
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:19 PM

For those who believe only in science: do you believe in the second law of thermodynamics (the law of entropy- how order proceeds to disorder?)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:21 PM

evolution isnt really about origins it's about how species evolve over time and adapt.  It's something we can plainly see with our own eyes.

I do believe in the big bang theory

HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:21 PM
2 moms liked this
Honestly, don't care to know.
BlueRay
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:22 PM
I believe it us irrelevant as to how we got here. We are here now and should live in the moment. No sense wasting time on unanswerable questions.
MsRkg
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:24 PM

This =]

Quoting SaGe_Ed:

The big bang.  It's backed up with scientific evidence such as the remaining radiation from the explosion (explains why space is not 0 degrees Kelvin), the expansion of the universe.  If you could rewind the expansion of the universe (all galaxies are moving away from all other galaxies except those in the their own group) it would show everything moving back together until it was one big mass.

Evolution as well.  It is also backed up by scientific evidence. 

I don't knock anyone who believes in creationism though.  I will engage in a good debate if they want, but truthfully it usually just ends with circular reasoning on their part (ie, the bible says so, I believe the bible, because God directed the writing of the bible, and the bible says so, etc.).  I have no problem with their faith, but it doesn't make for very good debate.  lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)