Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is This a Sign of Something Bad?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:21 PM
  • 9 Replies

So for about a week now my right breast has been hurting. I'm not pregnant, I already tested.

It's not like a "bulge" or "lump"  persay.. but it does feel like something.. I think? It's on the outside of my breast.. closer to my arm.. and it seems to be higher up today than it was earlier this week. I have Poland's Syndrome (which is the absence of the pectoralis major on one side) so I have an implant on my left side... so I can't really compare the two breasts to see if the same 'something' is on both sides, to see if it's normal :-/.

Either way.. it hurts very badly if I push on it or touch it.. like a sharp stabbing pain. Sometimes it will hurt when I exhale if I take a very deep breath, and now that it has been a few days it is more of a constant dull pain.. sometimes worse than others.. but it's present even when I don't touch or mess with it.

I'm calling my doctor tomorrow morning.. but I'm still midly freaking out about it... any ideas? Anyone have this happen and have it turn out to be nothing?

sad

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:25 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Maybe it could be a cyst?

My mom had one on her boob once. It was the size of a quarter and was raised. She had to have it cut open and had to stay in the hospital because of it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:34 PM
Ouch.. That doesn't sound fun.. But it doest sound too panic worthy. How long was her recovery time?

Quoting HistoryNutty:

My mom had one on her boob once. It was the size of a quarter and was raised. She had to have it cut open and had to stay in the hospital because of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:37 PM
I don't remember. I was in third grade when it happened. I think the only reason she stayed at the hospital was because we were a good three hours away from it. I could ask her, she might remember.

Quoting IandLoveandYou:

Ouch.. That doesn't sound fun.. But it doest sound too panic worthy. How long was her recovery time?

Quoting HistoryNutty:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:38 PM

It could be a inflamed lymph node.

weezer_cookie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I would go to the Dr to double check.

WendyJR
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Quoting wkukid:

It could be a inflamed lymph node.

This is what i was thinking.

Good Luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN