Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

.Advice please ......help from the opinionated mamas

So I'm redoing my kitchen.......I am just using paint.....I'm going to post pics of my kitchen and What I want it to look like....give me your opinions please

Should I just remove the 4 cabinet doors above the sink, or more?????

And I was thinking about painting the walls blue, I have really nice blue dishes I was going to put in the open cabinets.......
plate color on pg 4
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:09 PM
Replies (21-30):
starfire59
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Not really a blue but I would do a dove grey with a lean toward the bluer shade this will go well with both the black cabinets and set off your blue dishes and make the white in the kitchen pop.

Quoting LittlePiggies5:

What shade do you think???

Quoting PinkyPan:

I like where you are going with this. Be careful with your choice of blue though nothing too bright or too dark.

LittlePiggies5
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:49 PM

I was just using it for the backsplash above the sink., and whatever color paint for the rest of the wall above the counter, should I just do chalkboard only above the sink? Or break it up with a colored paint?..........I was just gonna use plain black for the cabinets.

Quoting ccnstanczak:

i think you can pull off the cabinits for sure. are you using the chalkboard paint for just the backsplash or backsplash and bottom cabinets?

PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:49 PM

I will admit when you said blue my first thought was oh oh....now I am thinking blue may actually be a good idea. If I find something I will show you. GL

Quoting LittlePiggies5:

What shade do you think???

Quoting PinkyPan:

I like where you are going with this. Be careful with your choice of blue though nothing too bright or too dark.

Christywf
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:50 PM
3 moms liked this

Be sure to save the cabinet doors IN CASE you change your mind, or sell the house and the potential buyers want the doors.  Looks great to me!

There is no way in hell I could remove my cab doors, there is so much shit behind them it would all fall out.  LOL!

Kudos to you and good luck!

PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I like this. What do you think?

AubreeGrace17
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it will look great!

pampire
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like a good plan.  I like the open shelving look but SO hates it.

LittlePiggies5
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:55 PM

That blue is what I was thinking! lol My plates however are like a cobalt blue...., but I was thinking of just getting all different shades of blue dishes.......................

Quoting PinkyPan:

PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:56 PM

I am so glad you like it. Whatever you decide please continue to posts pictures of your hard work. I love it and I am jealous.

Quoting LittlePiggies5:

That blue is what I was thinking! lol My plates however are like a cobalt blue...., but I was thinking of just getting all different shades of blue dishes.......................

Quoting PinkyPan:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:57 PM
You'll havE to remove everything, appliances and all. Otherwise it'll look like a cheap version.. If you use blue to match the dishes it will look tacky.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN