Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cupcakes and Condoms (Poll)

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:24 PM
  • 33 Replies

Poll

Question: Is this weird or out of line?

Options:

Inappropriate

Weird

Eh whatever

Sparklydanglystickfigure!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 74

View Results

So, I found this taped to my door today at my apartment. They are ALL over the buildings here (there are 12 buildings.. 560 bed complex)

Anyone else think this is a little weird? And btw the 'club house' is the apartment office.

--And before anyone asks, I live in a complex GEARED towards college kids. I am not one, but thats kind of how they are. No, I don't care if you know where I live, or harass the crap out of the office, I hate this place (EVERYONE does) 

It is NOT associated with any college, its a privately owned IPO complex, there are like 30 of them in the country (all shitholes too I am told)

Inappropriate?

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:26 PM
I don't think it's inappropriate really, sorta odd...
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Well, given that the primary occupants are college kids, I don't think it is entirely out of line.  Seems like they might have good intentions.

Personally, it isn't something I would do or permit if I owned a property.  The "inappropriate" part to me is taping that ridiculous picture to people's doors instead of say, just the lobby, in the mail, or something.  I mean, it is "geared" towards college kids, but obviously some families live there.  Just the pic I'd want my daughter to see and ask questions about!  Condom man looks like a sleaze.

That said, and I know I'm awful, I'd go get a free cupcake.  I freaking love the things and I hate baking them b/c I end up with 24 and have to try to pawn them off on everyone or else go up a pant size.

AdensMommy1107
by Emerald Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:28 PM
2 moms liked this
You live in an area surrounded by college kids? Not out of place at all, or even all that inappropriate.

Hell, an event involving free cupcakes and condoms sounds like my kind of party!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justone_jen
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:31 PM
I'm all for people getting free condoms.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
thefiregoddess
by Optimus Prime on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:32 PM

LOL.

I think its a little weird (the picture) at least.

I mean they regularly have things like chili cook offs and ping pong tourneys but condoms and cupcakes LOL.

There are a few families that live here and I'd hate for my kids to see that.

I'm a little more disturbed it has a happy condom on it. But yep... mostly college kids. Its actually branded as 'fully loaded college living'-- its a glorified dorm. Actually dorms would probably be better, this place blows. 

I'm having a good laugh about it though!

Quoting AdensMommy1107:

You live in an area surrounded by college kids? Not out of place at all, or even all that inappropriate.

Hell, an even involving cupcakes and condoms sounds like my kind of party!

gigis1
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:35 PM
2 moms liked this
I want in on these condoms and cupcakes to be honest with you
thefiregoddess
by Optimus Prime on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:35 PM

I'm not sure this was a corporate authorized thing, but then again I never freaking know with this place, they are ridiculous.

However, I will be going promptly after surgery tomorrow and picking up cupcakes and condoms just for the hilarity purpose. I have to walk by the office to get to my apartment anyways, might as well get a cupcake I can LOL at. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, given that the primary occupants are college kids, I don't think it is entirely out of line.  Seems like they might have good intentions.

Personally, it isn't something I would do or permit if I owned a property.  The "inappropriate" part to me is taping that ridiculous picture to people's doors instead of say, just the lobby, in the mail, or something.  I mean, it is "geared" towards college kids, but obviously some families live there.  Just the pic I'd want my daughter to see and ask questions about!  Condom man looks like a sleaze.

That said, and I know I'm awful, I'd go get a free cupcake.  I freaking love the things and I hate baking them b/c I end up with 24 and have to try to pawn them off on everyone or else go up a pant size.

crumpy_gat
by No. on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Mmm cupcakes
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Update us on the quality of the cupcake?  And if it was a basic rubber or if they offered something fun like glow in the dark?

Quoting thefiregoddess:

I'm not sure this was a corporate authorized thing, but then again I never freaking know with this place, they are ridiculous.

However, I will be going promptly after surgery tomorrow and picking up cupcakes and condoms just for the hilarity purpose. I have to walk by the office to get to my apartment anyways, might as well get a cupcake I can LOL at. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

marihla
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm glad they're giving out condoms.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured