Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

favorite loving memories

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:44 PM
  • 11 Replies
What are some of your favorite loving memories with your husband/so/ wife? Today when I was thinking about some of ours, I noticed not a single one had anything to do with vday or gifts. One of my favorites is when our youngest was in the nicu and I was feeling exhausted and stressed. My husband got permission from the hospital to borrow a wheelchair and wheel me down the street to one of my favorite cafes.

Share one of your special moments!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom_of_2monkeys
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:51 PM
Bump
Momof2angels88
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:36 PM

one of my favorite memories was right after our oldest daughter was born, when he came up to the hospital to meet her (we were not living together at the time and his phone was shut off so the only way I could get ahlod of him was at work), he came up with a ton of gifts. I began going through the many bags of things and there was a bunch of things in there for my son (different dad, we met when my son was 15 months old, my son's dad never got to meet him). I asked him why he bought those things for my son and he said that he wanted to show me that even though we have a baby together now, he would always be there and treat my son the same as our kids. That was the moment that I knew I was in love!

My son was murdered when he was 15 in 2008, but my SO never treated him any differently than he did our 5 kids.

mom_of_2monkeys
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:35 AM
I'm sorry for the loss of your son. I hope the culprit was brought to justice and you and your family have found some peace.

What a great story of a growing family and love!

Quoting Momof2angels88:

one of my favorite memories was right after our oldest daughter was born, when he came up to the hospital to meet her (we were not living together at the time and his phone was shut off so the only way I could get ahlod of him was at work), he came up with a ton of gifts. I began going through the many bags of things and there was a bunch of things in there for my son (different dad, we met when my son was 15 months old, my son's dad never got to meet him). I asked him why he bought those things for my son and he said that he wanted to show me that even though we have a baby together now, he would always be there and treat my son the same as our kids. That was the moment that I knew I was in love!

My son was murdered when he was 15 in 2008, but my SO never treated him any differently than he did our 5 kids.

SunshineBird
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:38 AM

For my birthday one year DH took me on an overnight trip to Aspen to see one of our favorite bands (The Dandy Warhols) play at a club. He surprised me by having the band and whole crowd sing Happy Birthday to me and then brought over every band member to take their pic with me. It was so wonderful!

mom_of_2monkeys
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:41 AM
Wow! What a cool experience, I'm sure that's a birthday you will never forget!

Quoting SunshineBird:

For my birthday one year DH took me on an overnight trip to Aspen to see one of our favorite bands (The Dandy Warhols) play at a club. He surprised me by having the band and whole crowd sing Happy Birthday to me and then brought over every band member to take their pic with me. It was so wonderful!

EvilAsh
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:42 AM

I'll never forget any of the times we found out I was pregnant. he was so stupid with out first, he said, there's a + what does that mean? WTF you think it means, dummy? He also cried at the ultrasound and her birth, both girls' births actually, though he denies it. I'll never forget that.

With this one, our 3rd, he cried and hugged me. We tried for over a year and a half.

mom_of_2monkeys
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:53 AM
Hahah they are so silly sometimes! When I realized I was pregnant with our third, I dressed our youngest in a shirt saying "I'm the big brother", my husband said I think you got him the wrong shirt. I said nope, and sat back and watched him figure it out. It took him a good 5 minutes lol! The delivery room is the only place I have seen him shed a tear. And congrats on baby number 3!

Quoting EvilAsh:

I'll never forget any of the times we found out I was pregnant. he was so stupid with out first, he said, there's a + what does that mean? WTF you think it means, dummy? He also cried at the ultrasound and her birth, both girls' births actually, though he denies it. I'll never forget that.

With this one, our 3rd, he cried and hugged me. We tried for over a year and a half.

EvilAsh
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Lol! My husband cried at the ultrasound for our first because he really wanted a girl. When we finally found out she was a girl, (at 34 weeks), he teared up and denies it to this day and she'll be 4 in a couple weeks lol.

Quoting mom_of_2monkeys:

Hahah they are so silly sometimes! When I realized I was pregnant with our third, I dressed our youngest in a shirt saying "I'm the big brother", my husband said I think you got him the wrong shirt. I said nope, and sat back and watched him figure it out. It took him a good 5 minutes lol! The delivery room is the only place I have seen him shed a tear. And congrats on baby number 3!

Quoting EvilAsh:

CafeMom Tickers
SunshineBird
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:55 AM

DH had to step away for a sec at both births so he wouldn't start crying. I remember both times perfectly. 

Quoting EvilAsh:

mom_of_2monkeys
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Funny how our tough men can be reduced to tears at the sight of their child. That's true love :)

Quoting SunshineBird:

DH had to step away for a sec at both births so he wouldn't start crying. I remember both times perfectly. 

Quoting EvilAsh:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)