Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Taxes and the ex's new wife UPDATE 4 Charges filed.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 502 Replies
19 moms liked this

I got my ex's tax check due to back child support that he owes. He takes no part in his sons' lives (his choice not mine) I have not moved since before we got together (our oldest is 10) so he has no excuse. Anyway, his wife showed up to my house today! demanding her half of the tax check i got she says its because of her children that he even got that much (2923.00) so shes entitled to the child credit, she does not work. I told her to contact my lawyer and gave her her card she called me every name in the book as she left. Oh my lord! what do i do? just give it to her?? what would you do?

This morning woke up to 4 slashed tires and my windshield smashed...luckily for me i had cameras installed 2 years ago because teenage boys kept spray painting the side of my house on the alley side, guess who did it? yup...the wife. guess what i used to pay for replacements? "her" taxes. guess whos going to jail? yup. her. 

Welp the police picked her up for vandalism and harassment, she was denied bail my lawyer said she was a danger to me and that i was afriad of retaliation if she was released so they denied bail. I also put a restraining order on her and am suing her for damages, pain and suffering and also defamation of character (she sent an email to my childrens school saying I did drugs and partied). she has a court date 3 weeks from now and my lawyer tells me she will be in jail until then..

So we've gone back and forth now for about a week. I offered to drop charges if she would pay for the damages done to my vehicle and abide by the restraining order, she agreed. So her husband (my ex) gave my lawyer a letter to give to me. In it it asks If I could drop ALL charges out of the goodness of my heart and that they pay me for the damages in payments. I have NO idea how to respond to that?? Do I be a jerk and stick it to her since they had no regard for how her actions would affect me OR do I be the nice guy and let them make this right their way? Opinions or advice? Obviously Im going to do whats in my best interest and what my lawyer suggests but Im curious what you ladies would do. thanks!

UPDATE 4!- met with my lawyer this morning, we both came to the conclusion that she should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Apparently she has a misdemeanor vandalism charge already on her record from years ago! So this is a repeat and since the damage was wayyy more than $400. she will be charged with a felony! Which means she will serve at least 18 months in jail and be on probation when she is out and also pay a hefty fine which could be up to 50,000 if the damage was over 10,000 but it wasnt that much it cost me 2200 to repair everything. So there, she stuck it to herself. Its over and done with She will pay for my damages and serve jail time and I will go on with my life, I wash my hands of these people. I can update once she is sentenced if you are all interested. Thank you all for reading and the advice, much appreciated!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sekirei
by LoKitty on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:16 PM
15 moms liked this

Nope.. don't give her a damn thing. It was given to you for a reason. Just ignore her and go about your day

Deb79
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:18 PM
2 moms liked this
Call the cops if she comes back.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:19 PM
2 moms liked this

IF she worked she could file injured spouse to get some of it back. But she doesn't work so screw her.

thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:19 PM
Nope call the cops.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:20 PM
Nope if she wanted it there were papers for her to fill out it is her loss
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:20 PM
Nope if she wanted it there were papers for her to fill out it is her loss
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Too bad. She should have filed an injured spouse form and she would have gotten her taxes back.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:21 PM
1 mom liked this

i mentioned that she said she did file it but the irs "messed up" and didnt take her part out..

Quoting Anonymous:

IF she worked she could file injured spouse to get some of it back. But she doesn't work so screw her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:22 PM
1 mom liked this
tell her to get lost and if she comes around again call the cops! she shoulda filed paperwork, or maybe worked and claimed her kids! shes not entitled to shit!
FL2AK
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:22 PM
1 mom liked this
She does not work so she is out of luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)