Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

STUPID VALENTINE'S GIFT, SO ANNOYED!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 88 Replies
2 moms liked this

My DH sent me flowers from 800flowers.com. It is a little potted rose that I can plant come spring time, a bear, little heart balloon & chocolates. I LOVE it!

However, he is really annoyed, lol.

He has always sent flowers from flower.com, he is always gone for military training, deployments, etc so he has never been here to see me open them until today.

Well he got annoyed bc I had to "put it together."  I had to unwrap the flowers, put them in the decorative pot it came w/& put the balloon in the little stick & put that in the pot.

He said "I can't believe you have to put it together, is it always like that.?" I told him yes & depending on what he sends I have to cut the stems to fit the vase.  He was upset bc I never told him & he thought they always came "put together" like what he sees when he orders them.

So now he feels awful & said had he known he would've had these ones sent to the office so he could put it together & hand it to me properly.

I keep telling him not to worry about it, that I love it & have always loved everything he sent to me & I never said anything bc I never was bothered by it & always just so happy to have an amazing husband who even thinks about me while in a war zone getting shelled at everyday.

I can't believe how irritated by this he is, I think he will never order from 1800flowers.com ever again, lol.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angeline
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:15 PM
That's cute :P
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Master_Debater
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Awww lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fairyjester
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:17 PM
5 moms liked this

your poor husband having his delusions crushed liked that

....ClvrScn.
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Aww how sweet of him. LoL

I work in the postal industry and we've been delivering flowers for a week now. I told my husband that when ups shows up tomorrow, I expect flowers. He laughed. He knows I'm not a flower type of person.

I'm hoping for a back rub yeah
jstine86
by Justine on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Aw!! I feel bad for him! Lol. This is really sweet! The last post I read was someone bitching about how her gift wasn't "good enough" :/ 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Honestly he is cracking me up.  He doesn't get irritated easily at all but for some reason this really bothered him.

Now I wish it would have been delivered before he came home!

Quoting angeline:

That's cute :P

cLanief
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol Awwwww all big flower places do that. The only way they'd come preassembled is if you use a local flower shop.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Aww. I know DH when he was deployed did something similar. Apparently I was supposed to get balloons and he was so upset that I didn't receive the balloons with the flowers. I was happy with the flowers and chocolates. <3. I think they spend a lot of time trying to find the perfect arraingment.

Ethansmommy1987
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:19 PM
My husband used to order me stuff from 1800flowers.com to. They always came prepared though. I never had to put my own together. We stopped using them though because they started chargin us some kind of membership fee of $20 a month... he hardly sends me flowers, so it wasn't worth it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nataliesmom2012
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Is that really how 1800flowers works!? I send flowers to my mom and SM every year for mother's day from them. I had no idea they came separate like that! When my SO sends me flowers, they're always already put together. IDK who he buys them through though but now I'm second guessing using 1800 flowers this year!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN