Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Questions for the non-Christians/non-believers in heaven and hell

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 224 Replies
I'd like to preface my post by saying that in no way am I asking this question to scare you into believing or converting. I asked the same question in someone else's post and I'm genuinely curious (in a non-shove-it-in-your-face totally non-judgmental and not intending and offense- way).

If it turns out that you've been wrong...and heaven/hell/God/angels/Satan/demons, etc are real...are you prepared for you and your family to deal with the consequences? As in, are you ready for your family to burn for eternity?...that is, if all this is real...
Please don't answer with "I don't believe so your question is irrelevant". I truly want a completely thought out answer.
If your offended keep moving and try to refrain from being rude. I've said everything I possibly can to a press my true intentions of non-offense.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Bump
Greenstone920
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:14 PM
24 moms liked this

If I've been wrong, and I go to hell, at least I'll be with like-minded people.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:15 PM
4 moms liked this

Best. Answer. Ever.

Quoting Greenstone920:

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:15 PM
7 moms liked this
Idk, but I dont think pretending to believe in something I dont believe exists (God) "just in case"
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
supermomz25
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:16 PM

well if it turns out to be true, then I am glad that I have a stockpile of sunblock...

MommyCirca2004
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Best. Answer. Ever.

Quoting Greenstone920:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:17 PM
7 moms liked this
You want a completely thought out answer...yet you're talking about story book characters as if they're real. Come on. You haven't put too much thought into it yourself obviously.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:17 PM
No...by no means am I saying you should. I seriously have no hidden agenda here. Just plain curiosity.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

Idk, but I dont think pretending to believe in something I dont believe exists (God) "just in case"
sha_lyn68
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:17 PM
7 moms liked this

Did you know that the hell fires burned out long ago? Hell was a real place, it was the trash dump outside of the walls of Jerusalem. To condemn someone to hell was to desecrate their body by throwing it away instead of giving it a proper burial. You are believing a mistranslation of a mistranslation. 

opinionatedmom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:17 PM
2 moms liked this

how would my family deal with the consenquences. they are individuals that can make up thier own minds. I have a ss who is going to be a preacher yet I don't believe in god. figure that out. I am not going to try to influence him into my belief and he has agreed to not try to influence me into his belief. He knows why I feel the way I do but He has voiced his dissaproval.

My so goes to church my oldest ds goes to church on their own.  I have one ss that is still deciding. I support him either way he decides as long as he doesn't shove his belief down my throat just like I don't shove my belief down his throat. it is a mutual respect thing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)