Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you a "hand over" mom?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 151 Replies
2 moms liked this

I am!!! As soon as dh hits the door I hand him dd and run for the bath tub! From the time he gets home until he walks out the door for work  he does whatever dd needs help with. If she is sick and trowing up he is with her, if she needs to potty he takes her, and if she has a nightmare he cuddles her. He is gone from 7 am to 8 or 9 at night so I feel like he should be the parent when he get home ya know? 

****Side Note****

Dh is only handed dd. The house work, cooking, and laundry are already done so it is just him focusing on dd, nothing else.  

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:00 PM
4 moms liked this
Doesn't he deserve a break too?
MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Depends on the day. Sometimes I am, sometimes I'm not. We both work though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
spooky415
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:01 PM
we both just kinda do whatever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
delilahsmom1177
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Isnt he tired?

I'm a tattooed,bisexual,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

MrsRinehart2010
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:03 PM
4 moms liked this

nope, my husbnad work 12-16 hour days 6-7 days a week in a labor field job ... my husband needs his rest sorry but he does . He brings in the money plain and simple and if he isnt feeling well or exausted he cant do his job properly which wouldnt work because he is self employed no one else for the work to fall on . He does stuff with our kids but I dont hand them over and expect him to jump at thier every need either.

TSNDDY
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Well I work at night so yes..
Clubpenguin
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:08 PM
4 moms liked this
No way. I'm lucky to stay at home and that's because he works hard. He should not have to work at home too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:09 PM

He has an hr and a half drive home so he can decompress (his words) and I do most of the stuff on the weekends. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Doesn't he deserve a break too?

missamanda86
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Mmm no, I dont do that. Dh has work to do once he gets home, so we share the kids no matter what

anyotherday
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:10 PM
2 moms liked this
While I'm all for sharing child responsibility. You seem to ne taking it to an extreme. He needs rest and relaxation too ya know.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured