Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

hubby rocks! brag post

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:00 PM
  • 10 Replies

my husband wanted a saltwater fish tank so we got one they are freaking expensive that ws his christmas/birthday gift.well we were talking tonight about how his computer sucks i needed to use it lastnight for something i couldnt use my ipad for and his computer was running so crappy i couldnt use it (its a work computer) so i told him we should buy a mac book pro so we have a computer here.well he is buying it for me in a few weeks after we get the rest of his fish tank stuff.hopefully i have better luck with a mac this will be my 4th laptop in 4yrs they seem to always crash after a yr of having it or it just stops working.so im so excited to finally get a new one.any of you mamas have a mac book and what do you think? 

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RayneofTerror
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Love my macs. I have an iMac and a Mac book pro. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:03 PM

I'd like to know as well, I'm getting a new laptop so I can hand mine down to my son. Is that mean? Should I give ds the new one? He's 6 almost 7. I home school so I think he should have his own.

MomOfTwins789
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I have had my MacBook since early 2009 and I adore it! I just wish I hadn't got the white one because it gets dirty very easily and the case has cracked some where it closes. Other than that I still love it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
luvmymunchkins3
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:04 PM

lol no thats not mean

Quoting Anonymous:

I'd like to know as well, I'm getting a new laptop so I can hand mine down to my son. Is that mean? Should I give ds the new one? He's 6 almost 7. I home school so I think he should have his own.

Kitschy
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm getting one in a few weeks. I'm SO excited.

luvmymunchkins3
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:05 PM

do u know if there is really a difference between the MacBook Pro and the macbook air

Quoting MomOfTwins789:

I have had my MacBook since early 2009 and I adore it! I just wish I hadn't got the white one because it gets dirty very easily and the case has cracked some where it closes. Other than that I still love it

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:06 PM

You do know, don't you that the windows operating system has a half life of about 2 years and then just starts to slowly degrade where the machine freezes or gets errors. The way to fix it is to completely reinstall the operating system, and all of your other software again -- AFTER you back up all your data.  

luvmymunchkins3
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:08 PM

thats not the only problem they end up having so by time its been a yr i cant use the computer at all even after having it fixed.i think im just bad with stuff lol thankfully i have had no problems with my ipad

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

You do know, don't you that the windows operating system has a half life of about 2 years and then just starts to slowly degrade where the machine freezes or gets errors. The way to fix it is to completely reinstall the operating system, and all of your other software again -- AFTER you back up all your data.  

MomOfTwins789
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:09 PM
I don't know for sure, but my Ex Hubby is an IT manager so he knows all the ins and outs of computers, and he refused to buy me a MacBook Air. He said the specs on them were crappy compared to what you can get with other Mac models and that they weren't worth it. To me, they seem kinda flimsy in person too, if that makes sense lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
luvmymunchkins3
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:14 PM

thanks

Quoting MomOfTwins789:

I don't know for sure, but my Ex Hubby is an IT manager so he knows all the ins and outs of computers, and he refused to buy me a MacBook Air. He said the specs on them were crappy compared to what you can get with other Mac models and that they weren't worth it. To me, they seem kinda flimsy in person too, if that makes sense lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN