Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

calling all mamas I need some opinions here.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

Okay so my son has been sick for two weeks first started as a stomach thing then went to a bad cough./cold. Well I finally got him better from the stomach stuff took him to the doctor for the cough/cold was told just a cold go home. Well today I took him to the er and got an xray of his chest done since his cough isnt going anywhere come to find out he has the beginning stages of pneumonia. So heres the debate for the past two weeks hes been super excited for his valentines party at school wanting to go and all excited to get his valentines. My question is this do I let him go tommrow or do I have him stay home?

Edit: The doctor note I recieved from the hospital did say he can go to school tommrow!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Retrokitty
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:02 AM
I can't remember correctly but isn't it only contagious for a few days?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Iamlegion
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I send him to school with a note for no PE or recess and possibly pick him up soon as the party is over.

Did the doctor say he had to stay home from school?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:03 AM

The er doctor said hes not. She did clear him for school tommrow I guess I am just concerned he will get worse going there with all those sick kids but at the same time don't want him upset he has to miss his big party.

Quoting Retrokitty:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:03 AM
Depends.... Is it something he is on antibiotics for? If so, get 2 doses in him its not nice to infect others. Otherwise if he feels up to it.... Just remind him how to cover his mouth when he coughs and wash his hands.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
robibuni
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:04 AM
1 mom liked this

If the doctor note says he can go, he should be able to go to the party.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:04 AM

The doctor said he can go to school

Quoting Iamlegion:

I send him to school with a note for no PE or recess and possibly pick him up soon as the party is over.

Did the doctor say he had to stay home from school?

opinionatedmom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:04 AM

let him go and keep him home friday.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:04 AM

I would let him go for a few hours :) If it's done in the AM I would let him go for the first half of the day and if it's done after lunch I would let him go after lunch. unless he feel really crappy 

muzzyh
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Just see how he's feeling in the morning.
Retrokitty
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:05 AM
I don't think its something you can catch, just the cold they could catch. I went to summer camp with it. I would leave it up to him

Quoting Anonymous:

The er doctor said hes not. She did clear him for school tommrow I guess I am just concerned he will get worse going there with all those sick kids but at the same time don't want him upset he has to miss his big party.

Quoting Retrokitty:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured