Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

could this be bothering DS?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1 Replies

a lot of things are happening in DS's life...

first-- me and my BF of 5 years broke up around Thanksgiving. we were practically living together, BF often took him to school or picked him up from daycare.... now- he only sees him for a few hours a week (about 3 hrs)

second-- his biological father is trying to come into the picture. not much of an attempt since he's in prison... but the first/only time he tried before was when DS was going on 4 years old.(lasted about 3 weeks)

third-- his paternal grandmother entered his life last summer.... we used to go over to her house every week- he'd stay there at least once a month (over night)... he LOVES spending time with her.... but now that her DD moved in with her, its like she put DS on the backburner... doesnt call or text, doesnt respond. this year, we've only seen her once and it was more b/c i had to do some work for her around the house... it USED to be seeing her every week, for at least 6 hours!

DS has been having problems at school. since the beginning of the school year, he's having a hard time sitting down/listening and using his time wisely... the past month, he's been getting worse in that and now he's getting physical- like he cannot keep his hands to himself.

i'm going to enroll him into tae kwon do... and i've taken up other advice from moms on here (thank you SO much!).... but could everything thats going on in his life, be affecting him to where he's hitting others? or is it possible that he's learning this from someone else and none of this really truly affects him?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:53 AM

also... he's been doing really bad in school this week. sent to the principal's office, etc...

since i'm not in a relationship, i planned on taking DS out for valentines-- just a movie (hotel trans.) and maybe a trip to McDonalds or something... just the two of us... but with his behavior, should i still take him out? he gets punishment on a daily basis for his actions at school (as well as rewards if he's good)... and if he's really good that week, we go out that weekend... but with how he's been this week-- if i take him out tomorrow, is that rewarding his bad behavior?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN