Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

C-section - Question about pain meds

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:48 AM
  • 125 Replies

I had a c-section on the 2nd and was released on the 6th... I was given percocet to take home for the pain and it was what they were giving me in the hospital. 

For the first few days I took it like they had been giving it to me and as prescribed, 2 every 4-6 hours with ibprofin. After about 3 days I took it only twice a day and yesterday and tonight am only taking it right before bed because when I tried not taking it at night I slept horribly because every time I moved it would hurt. 

I'm about out of what the on-call doctor prescribed me and am not sure if it is okay to ask for a bit more? Or how I'd go about doing that?? So I thought I'd ask others with more experience.

I'm taking as little of it as I can as I hate narcotics and am able to manage the pain well except at night. :/  

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Devious333
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:50 AM
I was all over that stuff lol. I'm sure they would prescribe more...they didn't give you a prescription to last you a couple of weeks?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
haunted.mommy
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:50 AM

I just took tylenol sorry.

manda-nicole010
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:53 AM

No. :/ It had 40 in it. If I took it as prescribed (2 every 4 hours which is how they gave it to me in the hospital) it would have been gone a lot sooner. Right now I have some for like 2-3 more nights. 

Quoting Devious333:

I was all over that stuff lol. I'm sure they would prescribe more...they didn't give you a prescription to last you a couple of weeks?

Follow my blog to get in on my crafty side! Free patterns, inexpensive patterns and just some unique ideas! Manda Nicole's Crochet Patterns

manda-nicole010
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:54 AM

I'm just glad that percocet works for me lol most pain meds don't, tylenol never has. Ibprofin helps some of the pain I've had but serious type pain (like when I broke my back) the strong of the strong couldn't even relieve the pain the way it was supposed to.

Quoting haunted.mommy:

I just took tylenol sorry.

Follow my blog to get in on my crafty side! Free patterns, inexpensive patterns and just some unique ideas! Manda Nicole's Crochet Patterns

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:55 AM

I forget how many I was prescribed but I know I was only taking 1 at a time.  Also the only time I needed a refill was with DD and that was because of gallstones so I was in pain all the time.  You can ask but they may say you should take it easy during the day as well.

tossed
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:56 AM

You can call your ob and ask them for a refill. At this point, they might want to prescribe something that is not as strong. Your state might require a triplicate prescription for percocet so you would have to go to the dr to pick up the script, it can't be called in over the phone or faxed in...at least not here. I know my ob would have prescribed a narcotic, but would probably knock it down a bit after a week post partum. Hope you get some rest and make sure you take care of the prescription tomorrow morning since many offices want 48 hours for refills.

SadeAyosmom
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:56 AM

no idea i went vaginal but i always wondered how csec mommies function after csec? i mean the pain and the meds?

i had a sedation on tuesday for an iud insertion and i couldnt function or be of any use to my kids till the next day

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:57 AM
Just call your doctor tomorrow and request a small refill. Tell them you're needing it just at night. They'll most likely be willig togive you a little more. My doc loaded me up with Vicodin. Like a month's worth.
-spork2.0-
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:57 AM
I got it refilled. All i had to do was call in. The drs office encouraged me to use it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kitsun
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:58 AM

just ask your OB. if you don't have a followup appointment in the next day or two go ahead and call in. My second c-section was a screwed up a little bit, and I needed pain meds for the next month after. My OB gave me a second script when I told him I was still in pain, and that was it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN