Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

the IRS must have some tricks up their sleeve. updated

Posted by   + Show Post
Just sayin. If they find a way to magically get me my money by 21 days I'll be seriously amazed. Still processing.

Anyone else wondering what the fuck?

Still processing 2/15. Anyone get a change this morn?

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE BUT I GOT A DEPOSIT DATE!!! Feb 21st. Thank you Jesus! I hope everyone gets their date soon.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:43 AM
Replies (181-187):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:50 AM

yeah ive had to replace and engine in that van before, i know  it blew a head gasket :( im way way more car savy than my dh, he doesnt excetly know how to go about changing oil. forget about  replacing shocks, puting on new brakes, or issues with a transmission rofl. but good news is we got a dealership to drop the price on a car we wanted and we bought another yesterday. it just needs 2 new front tires but we might just replace all 4 and hang on to the 2 good back ones as spares, we could buy a used rim for about $20. the van  doesnt over heat for the 1 mile round trip taking one of the kids to school and picking up so dh wants to keep the van around until the  thing seizes up.

Quoting Anonymous:

U can check for a blown head gasket yourself and know within minutes....

Check the oil, does it look milky on the dip stick??

Look under the oil cap for white stuff.

If there is white stuff on the oil cap or the oil is milky there is a blown head gasket.

Quoting lovelychaos13:

our state taxes we got 2 weeks ago and our federal we got back just over a week ago. dh got his info for taxes a few days after the new year , did it all online and submitted it which then was sent out when the flood gates opened with e-filing. sadly most of it is already gone, paid off debt, paid the bills for genetic testing we had done in december after losing our baby at 38 weeks, paid my dad (also our landlord) the one months rent we were behind on due to cost of having  our  little girl cremated. i did stick some  money in savings but i dont count that as how much we have left its savings its not to be touched. sadly it might have to be now, my van which will soon be our only trnasportation overheated last night on the trip into city exchanging the kids to visit their bio dad this weekend. having to scramble now to see if we can borrow one of my dads extra cars for the trip to pick them  back up tomorrow. may have blown a head gasket in the van :( its gonna be a harsh repair if not having to replace the engine again. we cant afford another engine even counting  what i put in savings, might have to  ask parents for help and pay back over time. i always pay them back no matter what even if its a gallon of milk, my other sibling well they would owe upards of 100k and more to my parents and despite  contracts being made they still aint paid a dime back.

alimorgan
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:52 AM

we filed the 13th of Feb got our money last night Feb 21, my sil filed through turbo tax got her return in 5 days , we filed through H&R block

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Took ours 10 days. Filed on the 30th. It came a week earlier than they said. Still nothing on state, but whatever.
Mdva20082011
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:55 AM
My deposit date was 2 days ago and it still hasn't been posted to my account. My bank said they haven't received it. Kind of worried but I have to wait til Monday to call the IRS about it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Great now we don't have to hear about it anymore.

divinedimension
by Not Miss Cleo on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Not only did I get a deposit date, but they followed through and I got my money!

keisha121
by Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:03 PM
I filed on 15 still no word
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)