Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My ds is going to be so upset

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:07 AM
  • 34 Replies

My poor ds must go to the worst school ever. I've had nothing but problems with this school with both of my kids they cannot seem to handle kids with special needs to behavior issues and this year tops it all. Ds goes home at lunch every day cause the school can't and won't deal with him for a full day.

Yesterday they called and said he balled up a paper and threw it away cause he didn't want to do it. His case worker stopped me and said that if he did that paper he could stay for the party and would send the work home with my neighbor her son is in the same grade. Well he got the paper and a huge packet of work which the teacher KNEW I would have a hard time getting him to do but he actually did it and now I get a call saying he will get his treats and such but he still can't stay for the party.

I'm so beyond upset cause he was so excited and I'm sick of being lied to. The school is for the most part baby sitting him they don't really even try to teach him anymore but the other school close by is over full. I don't even know what to feel at this point. I'm really upset I know its just a stupid party but my son is always excluded from everything. I let him stay for the christmas party and they acted like it was the end of the world. I'm about to call the school board.

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deadlights86
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:09 AM

BUMP!

deadlights86
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:10 AM

BUMP!

ambermarie2006
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:11 AM
Sounds like time for a new school
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aishamusty
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:12 AM

BUMP!

carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:14 AM

No way would I allow a school to get away with that with my child.

You are your son's advocate. Stand up for him. Have meetings with the principal, the board, whoever you have to talk to to get some changes made. Even if it's the media. You need to be his voice and force this school to treat him appropriately, not just discard him like yesterday's news.

deadlights86
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:14 AM

BUMP!

AA2.0
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:16 AM
Agreed. Quit being their doormat.

Quoting carterscutie85:

No way would I allow a school to get away with that with my child.

You are your son's advocate. Stand up for him. Have meetings with the principal, the board, whoever you have to talk to to get some changes made. Even if it's the media. You need to be his voice and force this school to treat him appropriately, not just discard him like yesterday's news.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Either stand up to them or pull him out. You can't let this go on.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

s.osborne
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:21 AM

Yep. I drive my DS 30 minutes one way to school because it's better than anything I have near me.

Quoting ambermarie2006:

Sounds like time for a new school

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:35 AM

then call them and quit bitching..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured