Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Vday and grandparents

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:10 AM
  • 12 Replies

Do your parents/IL's do anything special for your kids on Valentine's Day?

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
robyann
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I am a gma,  I used to do something for my gkids, before there were so many of them lol 

typingMom to 6~MawMaw to 9 & counting!

Beautiful31mom
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:14 AM
2 moms liked this

My Mil will give the kids candy and ask them to be her valentine. It is sweet. She also comes down on Easter Sunday with Peanut butter Eggs for the kids LOL!Yes, she spoils her grand kids rotten.I hope when I have grandkids I am the same way though. She is a wonderful role model! My Mom sends cards she lives in PA so she cannot do much. Btw, she is a wonderful role model too! When we go to visit she is all about the boys and even COOKS for them LOL! ( They are empty nesters so Mom cooking is kinda a big deal she hates to cook) LOL!

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:16 AM
My mom will some years. I think it's nice when she does but totally not necessary!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:17 AM

My grandson and I will be making Valentines for Mom, Dad and Papa today. He is too small for candy so I bought him a Be Mine shirt.

kiddycat73
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Yes, my mom and step dad give them a card and candy, my dad and step mom gave them a card with $15 iTunes gift cards, and my grandparents sent them a card with $5 each. I don't have inlaws, and their father's parents have not attempted to have anything to do with them since my divorce 6 years ago...their choice, not mine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
s.osborne
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:22 AM

Yep:) My DS loves his Nonnie and Pop pop.

BDolphins82
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:23 AM

Yep my mom was so excited to give my duaghter her gift, that she originaly brought for easter, to her last night.  LOL  She was going to give her a card and money but was excited by the fur real lamb that she got her for easter that she gave it to her early.

_jcls_
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:24 AM
My mom bought her a teddy bear and chocolate. She also bought us some chocolate too. Dh already ate them. My dd and I were going to go visit her today.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:25 AM

my mom makes treats (just what we need, more treats lol) and gets him a little stuffed animal or something small. he's the only grandchild so she tends to spoil the crap out of him lol

*part of her feels guilty that she can't be more invilved because she still works full time so i think sometimes she goes a little over board to make up for it. But in all honesty, it's my fault she is a full time working gma, im the one that had a kid at 19 lol

armyvet06
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:26 AM
My parents dont really do anything special for me or her on vday. But i buy her a few things. This year i got her a small box if chocolates, a marshmellow pop kabob, a stuffed chihuahua (her fave breed of dog) and a soda (she rarely gets it)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN