Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The missing egg has been found!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies
4 moms liked this

I went to bake cupcakes last night and realized one of the eggs was missing from the new carton...I assumed i had just bought the carton that way..Until this morning when I hear my 6 year old DD crying up stairs I go up there and find her sitting with a broken egg...I asked her why she was crying and why she had an egg in her room...She looks at me and said "Mommy i thought if I put it under a pillow and kept it warm it would hatch for me, but I dropped it and now I killed the chickie" I couldn't help but to smile and then laugh...

***EDIT*** I didn't realize a cute story would turn in to bashing!!! Yes I explained to her that she didn't kill the baby...I all so explained to her you can't take just an egg from the fridge and try to hatch it because it doesn't work that way...They are hatching eggs at school just started yesterday so she thought she could hatch her own at home....lol she is a animal lover and wanted to save this one baby...lol so for easter this year she will be getting a chicken coop with some baby chicks

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xtwistedxlovex
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Phew...I thought you might have still been missing an egg from Easter. That would suck.

Cute. You might want to explain that the eggs that come from the grocery store don't have all of the 'stuff' they need to make chicks, though. I used to refuse to eat eggs because I thought it was basically killing babies for my breakfast.

Danapopcorn
by AbbyCat on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:07 AM

awwwww!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:07 AM
6 years old and doing this?? Wth.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Oh I did explain that to her :) So for easter this year she will be getting a chicken coop and some baby chicks :)

Quoting xtwistedxlovex:

Phew...I thought you might have still been missing an egg from Easter. That would suck.

Cute. You might want to explain that the eggs that come from the grocery store don't have all of the 'stuff' they need to make chicks, though. I used to refuse to eat eggs because I thought it was basically killing babies for my breakfast.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Yeah...mine is 5 and knows better than to bring any kind of food item from the kitchen into her room...

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hudson.maggie
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:09 AM
I did that when I was little. Lol!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:09 AM

I thought it was cute..

Quoting Anonymous:

PerfectVirgo
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:10 AM

AWWWW   lol

Beautiful31mom
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:10 AM

OH no! Aww.. Poor girl. You did tell her she didn't kill the chickie right?

ZsMommy
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:11 AM

It's a cute story-and it's too early for Cafe judgement-sheesh!

OP-I thought the story was cute.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah...mine is 5 and knows better than to bring any kind of food item from the kitchen into her room...

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)