Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't have anything to do today, but am mad my 3 year old had to stay home from school with the flu

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:12 AM
  • 31 Replies

Not mad at him or having to take care of him. This would have been his first valentines day party at school. He was so excited when we filled out cards for his class last night

simple frown

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Aw

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this

You can maybe drop the cards off with his teacher?  I know, not the same, but at least he knows his friends still got them.  And they should still fill his box up, so he'll still have cards from all his friends.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Ugh, this happened to me last year. It was ds's first year of preschool and i swear he got sick for every fun holiday party they had. He missed their harvest fesitval for thanksgiving, their xmas concert and party, even his vday party and mom tea for mothers day. of course he was completely healthy for dad's donut day....figures lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:14 AM

shit happens. he's 3, there will be tons of other parties. get over it and take care of your sick kid.

mamabear55
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:16 AM

I could, but he wants to give them to his friends.

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

You can maybe drop the cards off with his teacher?  I know, not the same, but at least he knows his friends still got them.  And they should still fill his box up, so he'll still have cards from all his friends.

MrsBridges19
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Did you take your bitch pill this morning or skip your coffee?  What the hell?

Quoting Anonymous:

shit happens. he's 3, there will be tons of other parties. get over it and take care of your sick kid.

mommy2twoboys46
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Awww poor little guy. My 6 year old was home yesterday with an ear infection, I was so glad that he was well enough to go to school today. He would've been mad if he had to miss his party.

carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Maybe you could ask the teacher to make up a little bag for him and then you can pick it up..tell him his classmates wanted him to have a happy v-day even if he is sick and he can eat the candy when he feels better.

Michelle479
by Mother Rabbit on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Aww hopefully he will feel better soon. Maybe he can take them in tomorrow. 

_jcls_
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:18 AM
Awe, poor guy. Hope he gets to feeling better soon. Maybe he can give them out when he's feeling better.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN