Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do I have the right?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
To keep driving and call 911 for a dispatcher if I'm being pulled over on a dark country road that rarely has traffic?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy_2_be_2010
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:31 AM
I don't get the question
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Yes.
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Yes. I've read articles that encourage women to do this if they feel unsafe.
CuriousArentYa
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Slow down, call 911 and turn your hazard lights on, until you get confirmation. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:32 AM
You can call 911 and explain that there are flashers behind you and you want to make sure it is a cop and not an impersonator.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Yes you do. As long as you are attempting to contact the police to inform them of what you are doing and what your concerns are, you can continue to drive at a reasonable speed even if you are being pulled over.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:34 AM
I would be scared to pull over on a desolate road alone in the country.

Last night an unmarked car came up on me from over 4 miles away. I was really scared so I kept driving and started to dial 911 and then he went around me so I assumed he was looking for a house. A few miles down the highway I see the same car parked on the side of the road as I drove by. He pulled out and followed me again for less than a mile than turned around without turning on his lights.
I wonder if I have the right to keep driving and call dispatch

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

I don't get the question

mommy_2_be_2010
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Yes you do you don't know what could happen were you alone?

Quoting Anonymous:

Last night an unmarked car came up on me from over 4 miles away. I was really scared so I kept driving and started to dial 911 and then he went around me so I assumed he was looking for a house. A few miles down the highway I see the same car parked on the side of the road as I drove by. He pulled out and followed me again for less than a mile than turned around without turning on his lights.

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

I don't get the question

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CuriousArentYa
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:38 AM

For unmarked vehicles it is encouraged that if you do not feel safe that you call 911 if they are attempting to pull you over. You also might want to start taking mental notes on the uniforms that the deputies wear and what their badges look like. Our county has a six star badge whereas our State Troopers and our city police have shields. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

I don't get the question

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Of course you do and it's usually encouraged.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured