Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

METH ADDICTION

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

Hi ladies. So, maybe some of you might have some good advice. My husband and I are at a loos at what to do. Okay so heres the back story. We have full custody of SD who is 13 years old. BM is a meth addict and has been addicted to it for almost 11 years. She has been in and out of prison, she has been in and out of rehab, she's had court ordered rehab, nothing helps, she just goes right back to using meth again. She currently is serving time right now for manufacturing a meth lab. Anyway, she had her parental rights to SD suspended until she does a bunch of things and turns it back into the court. She was ordered to do these things 10 years ago. Never happend. She was charged with child neglect when Sd was 2 because she left SD home alone for hours with no food or water, at 2 years old! 

Anyway, BM is getting out of prison soon and SD is DYING TO see her. She says she can help her mom get better and really wants to be a part of her moms life. I can understand totally with SD wanting to be apart of her moms life. BM hasnt come around, tried to see SD, called on birthdays, NOTHING, no contact for 9 years, going on 10 soon. What would you ladies do? Let SD go see her mother? 

BM also has 3 other kids with another guy and she has NO rights to those kids, and the grandparents are raising those kids because the father of those kids is also a meth addict...huge mess I know!

ANY ADVICE IS APPRECIATED!!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
momof2891
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:59 AM
If anything let them see each other supervised at the park or some place public. I wouldn't let them be alone together. Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wymama610
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:02 PM
Wow that's hard......

I would say supervised visits, but make sure your SD knows it is not her responsibility (or in her power) to make her mom better. It might crush her if she thinks she can help her mom be healthy and the bitch relapses.

Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LEEB01
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:03 PM

I have a cousin that was adopted by a family because my auntie is a crack addict.  She gets to see her supervised every three months.  I think that you have to be really careful as to how and when you let her see her mom.  I do think that she should be able to but you have to be really careful to not let her get hurt in the end since you dont know how and if the mother is going to continue to be in her life after that.  I would say let her see her with you there and see how it goes.  I know its a hard situation but you don't want her to grow up to resent you and your husband if you don't let her.  Good Luck and thank you for what you are doing for this little one

britne

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Bump?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:16 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)