Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone NOT hate Valentine's Day?

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:03 PM
  • 22 Replies

I've always loved Valentine's Day, and part of it is because it was my late maternal grandmother's birthday as well! She would be 74 today, if alive. Even though she's gone, it's still nice to think about the memories we had with her on her birthday...and then DH being super sweet to me on Valentine's Day helps!

DH went above and beyond for our daughters and I today! We were raised to believe Valentine's Day was meant to show ANYONE you love, how much you care!

So anyone else NOT hate it?

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mindymay84
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:05 PM
I love it! I don't think there is anything wrong with Having a set day for showing Your SO that you love them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
robibuni
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Well I didn't always have an SO to show love to, when I was younger, but even when I didn't, I still loved the holiday because my family and I would do stuff for each other (flowers, candy, cards) to show we love each other.

DH is starting this tradition now too and brought both our girls home a rose today, during lunch :) He says they'lll always get a flower from him on Valentine's Day!

Quoting mindymay84:

I love it! I don't think there is anything wrong with Having a set day for showing Your SO that you love them.

dandylynes
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Nope, I don't hate it.  Even when I was single.

CookieMom108
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Me.  It's our anniversary today also.

robibuni
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Happy Anniversary!!!!

Ours is in about 2 and a half weeks, too.

Quoting CookieMom108:

Me.  It's our anniversary today also.

Schleetle
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:13 PM
I think it's fun, and cute. DH is away for work this year, but we'll go out when he gets back. DD keeps telling me she wants to get her cake pop, and vanilla milk with daddy because he promised to bring her when he comes home.
PISCIS29
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:13 PM
It's one if my fave holidays esp. When my kids come home all excited to show me all of their V day goodies gifts and cards.
KKmommy3
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:15 PM

I like it. I think it is fun for the kiddos, and I like to give treats and valentines to people.  I am just not that into the whole Romantic mushy stuff, and buying expensive gifts.  Overall, it is a nice little holidaythat has a background of good intentions, that has been blown way out of proportion, much like most of the other ones have.

Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:18 PM

I don't hate Valentine's Day. We just don't really celebrate.

CafeMom Tickers
AdoptingMommy
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:20 PM
I enjoy it! Esp now with my 2 yr old DD :) And next wk is our 6 yr anniversary! Feb in general is a great month!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)