Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I the only woman on CM who is fine with not getting anything for Valentine's Day?

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:03 PM
  • 83 Replies
1 mom liked this
It's no big deal. I don't need a card, he tells and shows me he loves me every day. Even when we've spent that day arguing. I don't need overpriced chocolates half filled with gross stuff. He brings me fudge once a month around my cycle to make me smile, that proves to me that he cares. I don't like cutting beautiful flowers to decorate my home with, and they are a huge waste of money. I sure as fuck don't need any more teddy bears or dust collectors.

We'll probably spend tonight having tacos, and then playing Super Mario Galaxy with the kid. That's love, friendship, and joy. That's what our family is about, and the rest is just fluff.

Alright ladies, I just want you to know that if you ARE all about V-Day, and getting stuff, that's great. So long as you don't destroy your marriage because the color of the stone on your ring was wrong, I've got no issues with you. I just don't need all the extras to feel good, a solid hug and kiss from my hubby is enough for me.
That being said, my buddy Josh summed it up better than I can. Go and read, you'll probably like it.

http://thedailymeh.org/2013/02/the-rant-about-valentines-day/

if someone wanted to make that clicky, that would be spectacular. :o)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TSNDDY
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:05 PM
Now I want to play Mario! DFs cooking tonight, that's the extent of ours. I really have never cared for valentines day.
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:05 PM

We hardly ever get each other gifts for Valentine's Day.  Tonight we are having dinner home with the kids.  Saturday we are going for a massage, dinner and movie.  Nothing spectacular and it's just the way we both like it.

CrazyLife1996
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Nope I don't need anything. He does spoil me but if he didn't spend money it wouldn't bother me. As long as he shows and tells me he loves me than that is what matters.
marisab
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:06 PM

i could careless abour stuff a good cuddle is goo enough

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:06 PM

me:)  i am good.. my husband called yesterday apologizing because the gift he usually gets us, edible arrangements, doesnt deliver where we are!  it was so sweet:) I don't mind though and told him like 10 times it was ok!:) he is still apologizing.. <3 my husband!

vegepunkstr
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:06 PM

I dont expect or need anything and I have told him that several times but I still woke up to a beautiful card and some chocolate covered strawberries and a candied apple.

vegepunkstr. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

edelweiss23
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:07 PM
We didn't do anything.

My girls wanted to make valentines cupcakes for our elderly neighbor, so we did and took over homemade valentines.
Kitschy
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Normally I am. This year we are celebrating more than Valentine's day though so we exchanged. 

Amybarnhart11
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Nope you aren't the only one. I doubt I will get anything from DH and that's perfectly fine with me. I wrote him a little note and that's all so I don't expect anything from him.

I'll be thrilled to lay around in bed watching AFV and just spending some time together!

RightSock
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:08 PM

I have an amazing husband who is an excellent father. What more could I ask for?

I don't expect anything on this day and rather not get anything on this day. I did get the kids some cute things.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)