Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am on one today! Are there any tax pro's on here?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

SO I made another post on here titled "You have to be kidding me"   which got me thinking about my taxes.  DH has not filed his taxes in 3 years!!! So I have filed seperate because I dont want to be responsible for his laziness and tax bull shit!  Well every time I do file seperate he gets pissed because I claim all my children 3 from my previous marriage and I get a decent return.  Well he keeps insisting that he is filing this year and that I had better file with him!  Problem and question is He hasnt filed in 3 years one of those years he had a 1099 because he had a drywall companly, 2nd problem is the past 2 years he has made 100k while claiming 9 dependants on his W2's .  If I file with him this year and he owes a shit ton of taxes that is going to make me responsibe too isnt it?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:16 PM
2 moms liked this
probably, yes. Tell him you'll file with him next year if he gets his shit taken care of this year.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:28 PM

BUMP!

lucky35
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Yeah i wouldn't file with him until he gets his taxes in order.  especially with the 1099 where they don't take taxes out.  he will probably owe some money and until he gets that taken care of i wouldn't.  if you do it together they will end up taking all or some of your taxes to fix it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)