Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

All the V-day Facebook brag posts... *eyeroll*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 131 Replies
11 moms liked this

I think Valentine's day is my least favorite day to check Facebook. And since I'm not a COMPLETE bitch, I'm just going to gripe about it here...

1) If your husband is awesome, your friends already know it. If he's not, again, your friends  know it. Whyyyy would you post some big blah blah about how wonderful your man is when everyone knows he's not??

2) Congratulations, your man bought you flowers - the most unoriginal gift idea ever! They will die. And if he paid some insane amount for them, it's an epic waste of money, even if you're a millionare.

3) "I just LOVE teddy bears!" Said no woman ever.

4) If you want to tell your husband how awesomely amazing, talented, loving etc. he is, freaking write him a note. Call him. Text him. That's something personal. And really, no one gives a shit.

5) I would much rather read a post about how your DH picked flowers out of the neighbors yard and cooked for you because you're broke than read about how he's taking you to Olive Garden later.

For the record, I'm happily married (10 yrs!). Valetine's day is a family day for us.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:26 PM
4 moms liked this

so..you wanna see the beautiful flowers i got from my amazing husband  :)

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I want queso... I have none :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:29 PM
3 moms liked this
Where's the Pb Mrs jelly? Its facebook a social site. For people to be social and share things. Some might share to much. Who care this much to make a whine post? Obviously you.
Anonymous
1 mom liked this
All I gotta say on this one is I somewhat agree, but at the same time, I actually DO love teddy bears. I haven't and won't be receiving anything today, yet I don't feel the need to bitch about others posting about their gifts/happiness. Let them be fucking mushy and happy about whatever it is, ya don't like it, don't get on Facebook. Simple.
Anonymous
I'm sure there will be lots of pictures posted of the gifts too!
SusieQue717
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:30 PM

hehehehe... My DH sent me the most uninspiring text this morning... I almost jumped into oncoming traffic. I'd rather no text than a shit one... just saying... I wrote him a note and left him his favorite chocolate bar... more than enough... 

.MommyEast.
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Well, hello there, Mrs grumpy pants. :/ i don't brag but i do like flowers, even though they die...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:32 PM
I was thinking of putting on the sexy nighty he bought me and take a pic and post it on FB!
Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wydowness
by Kusabi on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:32 PM
I love teddy bears :o
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Come over i have some here
Had some in my omlette this morning

Quoting TiffanyRose06:

I want queso... I have none :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)