Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oh..This Sticky Wicket: What to do when your child has a great little friend with not so great siblings? Sort of lengthy

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:24 PM
  • 0 Replies

My daughter has lots and lots of little friends. The problem is that one of them, a very delightful and cool little boy, has two brothers that re with him all the time, and they are not delightful. The younger one is pretty impossible to deal with and he torments my younger daughter with "rough hugs and rough play" the older one won't give you any personal space what so ever (the little one also has real trouble with personal space and boundaries, and never listens to any one about anything, not even his parents the few times I have met them), and he also gets angry and snarky if any one tries to correct his little brother, which I get because he loves his brother, but it doesn't make it any easier to deal with. If the little bother is around me and my kids and irritating me and my children on purpose, I will correct very appropriately and politely. This is an issue because we almost ALWAYS see them while walking home from my daughters school. We have to walk right now, since we have the one car thing going on right now and we eventually have to go along their path at one time or another given how close they live to us and the proximity of there home to ours. I have tried to go different ways, go a little latter, go a little earlier, pretend I don't see them comming or flat out tell them...."Sorry boys, no time to walk together today, have things to do..." with the "keep on moving!" under my breath to my daughter then my daghter is sad and angry because she is good friends with the middle one and I feel bad for both of them, because some how he turned out really great. This method works best though. I've tried applying more patients and involving the other ones more when the middle one and my daughter walk together and it doesn't work out. It's just annoying chaos and trouble and I'm often left wondering, why can't their parents see this stuff and address it. They must know about it by now. There are other families that have had these issues with these boys and they have put space between their kids and the boys. I never see the parents involved? I'm to the point where I want to completely avoid them for a little while, to get a little space,but how sad for the kids and the minute my daughter sees them,or they see her, it turns in to a big dramatic deal! How have any of you familiar with this situation dealt with it? I'm usually really good at handeling sticky situations, especailly with adults, but this one involves little hearts and feelings..and I want the best outcome possible for the sake of my daughter and her friend and the other two little boys:)

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured