Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Homeschooling moms.. Help please

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
I am looking to start a Coop for women and children who are involved in homeschooling to be able to socialize. Another aspect is also for there to be an occasional class for them to take so the student can do Ex: Art awareness or some such thing.

the coop it is around me is requiring a 300 dollars donation to the organization for every 6 months. they only meet once a month and I think it's on conscionable to expect families to pay that much for 6 activities or meetings.

What I'm asking though is what kind of things would a person want to see as I've never been in a coop but I do want to make 1 that's interesting and the people would want to participate in
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Bump

Quoting Anonymous:

I am looking to start a Coop for women and children who are involved in homeschooling to be able to socialize. Another aspect is also for there to be an occasional class for them to take so the student can do Ex: Art awareness or some such thing.

the coop it is around me is requiring a 300 dollars donation to the organization for every 6 months. they only meet once a month and I think it's on conscionable to expect families to pay that much for 6 activities or meetings.

What I'm asking though is what kind of things would a person want to see as I've never been in a coop but I do want to make 1 that's interesting and the people would want to participate in
kcangel63
by Freebirther on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Here's a bump. We've homeschooled from the start, but never joined a coop.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Bump

Quoting kcangel63:

Here's a bump. We've homeschooled from the start, but never joined a coop.

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tharealty2
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Our co op is much, much cheaper - and they have meet ups all the time.  From teaching foreign languages,. to PE or dance, to just 'play dates'  They also had geography clubs and joined up with 4h to do activities geared for homeschooling.. Pretty much, anything you can think of that would be considered enriching or educational, in addition to teaching at home.  Field days, field trips, etc.

DlovesM
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this

What they hell are they going to use $300 for each kid for?!? Sounds to me like someone is trying to make a profit off of this. That ridiculous. 

mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Do you live near fun things to do? In my area, there are muesums, parks, and zoos, things like that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:18 PM
Sadly no..I live near nothing.. Out in the stix

Quoting mem82:

Do you live near fun things to do? In my area, there are muesums, parks, and zoos, things like that.

jen2150
by Gold Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:48 PM

I live out in the sticks as well.  I drive to my outings.  I drive to one co-op about 45 minutues.  I started mine own as well.  That one is about 20 minutes from me.  I figure driving is part of living in the country.  Do what you need to do.  Are you a member of any yahoo local homeschooling groups?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:56 PM
No.. They have them?

Quoting jen2150:

I live out in the sticks as well.  I drive to my outings.  I drive to one co-op about 45 minutues.  I started mine own as well.  That one is about 20 minutes from me.  I figure driving is part of living in the country.  Do what you need to do.  Are you a member of any yahoo local homeschooling groups?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)